Ric Flair leaves the WWE

Jonesy

The WWE confirmed that Ric Flair and the company had parted company earlier on this weekend. It was done on great terms with the door open for Ric to work with the WWE on an appearance by appearance basis. This will allow Ric to explore alot of options in TV and Film, an independent retirement tour, fan events and other ventures.

On a personal not, I saw this coming a while back as the WWE pulled Flair from quite a few events. It will probably help the WWE as more and more people will get to meet Ric, thus making his public profile even bigger and thus, any appearances advertised for the WWE may prove more fruitful for both sides.

This situation is similar to how Mick Foley works with the WWE, and also Roddy Piper. All three are ironically represented by the same agent.

Word from industry friends of Ric's is saying that he has had to turn down some 30 NWA Indy show appearances for a farewell tour etc at rougly $10,000 a pop. That's alot of money. In the last 24 hours, Flair's agent has allegedly - again, according to industry friend's of Ric's - has had mainstream news channels start a bidding war for a "shoot interview" from Ric.

In a sad bit of news for Ric, his third wife Tiffany has filed for divorce :rolleyes: . She was featured throughout the Hall of Fame Ceremony and the Raw send off. Let's hope neither get mullered in the press. Not a good time for Ric with leaving the WWE. Apparently, his schedule was alot busier post retirement for the WWE then when he was on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

oh oh oh Ric Flair is gonna be over here in October. It isnt a convention but i dont wanna risk breaking any forum rules by saying too much but it is part of a wrestling show by a company based out of Doncaster.

Happy Days, gonna meet The Nature Boy!

oh oh oh Ric Flair is gonna be over here in October. It isnt a convention but i dont wanna risk breaking any forum rules by saying too much but it is part of a wrestling show by a company based out of Doncaster.

Happy Days, gonna meet The Nature Boy!

I had heard the same. His starting price is $12,500 for events and that doesn't include flights, hotels etc. It does go up with the more organisers want him to do. Hint Hint to SM, get the Naitch please..pretty please...

So, the 2 hour Q&A...does that cover the first 6 months of his wrestlign tenure? :clap:

The guy could do 8 hours a day for a month and probably only get past the first half of his career.