Weapons on display

crippsy_99

I emailed SM about this and Jola said id prob be better off asking on here given how SM might not be able to reply given how close to the show we are.

A friend and myself will be attending the event all 4 days, and will be in Stargate costumes.

We would also like to bring our weapons to complete the costumes but was wondering who we have to contact to authorise/inform of this or just generally find out info, as they are not fantasy weapons (like stormtrooper blasters) and could look pretty realistic (will be P90's and pistols) and I know from past events people have had to inform various other people about it.

Obviously the weapons would only be out and on display at the event itself and in a bag to/from the shopping center.

I thought my friend had started the ball rolling on this weeks ago, but she told me this afternoon she hadnt and thought id already asked about it!

I have seen this come up at previous events and I think the best people to contact first are the local police to get the full legal situation. Once they have advised you then I would contact the main manager of the shopping centre to advise them as well.

I think one of the provisos tends to be that they have to be fitted with the orange caps on the barrels when being carries in public. If you have not got a satisfactory answer by the time you then I wouls suggest not risking it.

I must admit at other events I do often see people in Stargate uniforms but without weapons.

Good Luck