Ralph McQuarrie

SW77

This was mentioned in obi wan's pics post in the C3 forum -

be so cool to get Ralph McQuarrie at C4.

Wanted to meet him for years, and he hasn't done a show in UK for ages as far as I know.

As obi wan said in that thread - he's just as responsible for the look of SW as George Lucas. A true legend.

It'd be great for SW fans to have the chance to thank him for his work, and to let him know how appreciated he is for his great career, and to get SW art prints and books signed.

Loads of SW fans want to see him at a show, so hope that C4 manages to do it. Afterall, Collectormania always manages to get the really great guests that most other shows don't get. Hope they manage to do the same with Ralph.

Cool suggestion. For those who dont know (and I hope this is right) Ralph is the concept artisit that Lucas use for the design of near enough everything. All the planets, landscapes, ships etc are designed by him. As an artist, he does some really outstanding work.

Darryl

Yeah exactly. Its his designs, inspired by Lucas's descriptions but also of course with lots of his own ideas, that everyones been watching for all these years.

The SW universe as we picture it wouldn't have looked that way without him.

I love meeting the SW actors, but to meet the man whose work created what the SW universe actually looks like would be so great.

Of all the SW production crews he's the one I'd most like to meet.