Sensational Sherri Dead !

RainbowDisney

WWE is saddened to learn of the death of WWE Hall of Famer “Sensational†Sherri. She was 49.

She passed away at her mother’s home in Birmingham, Ala. Friday morning, according to her husband of 10 years, Robert Schrull.

“It’s a great loss to the wrestling world,†he told WWE.com. The couple resided in St. Petersburg, Fla.

In the early 1980s, Sherri began her career in the AWA. In 1985, she defeated Candi Devine to become the AWA Women’s Champion. Their rivalry lasted more than a year, with the championship trading hands on several occasions.

It was during this time that she began perfecting her skills as a manager, leading “Playboy†Buddy Rose and “Pretty Boy†Doug Somers to the AWA Tag Team Championship. On June 28, 1986, Martel would win the AWA Women’s Championship for a third and final time from Candi Devine.

On July 24, 1987, “Sensational†Sherri debuted in WWE, pinning her trainer and mentor the Fabulous Moolah to become Women’s Champion. Sherri defended the gold against Debbie Combs, Velvet McIntyre, and Desiree Peterson.

She quickly earned the reputation as someone who would do anything to win, even if it meant using unsavory tactics. Her rivalry with Moolah continued as they became the captains for the first-ever female Survivor Series teams in 1989. Sherri held the championship for 15 months before losing to Rockin’ Robin.

In the early ‘90s WWE phased out the Women’s Division, leaving Sherri to focus on managing the male wrestlers. Her first client was “Macho Man†Randy Savage. It was during this time that she became “Sensation Queen.â€

The couple had rivals with Miss Elizabeth, Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire. In 1991, “The Million Dollar Man†Ted DiBiase enlisted her services. After that relationship dissolved, she took on the managerial duties of Shawn Michaels.

In 1994, Sherri appeared in WCW as “Sensuous†Sherri managing Ric Flair during his rivalries with Sting and Hulk Hogan. After separating from Flair, she became “Sister†Sherri guiding Harlem Heat to seven WCW Tag Team Championships.

Sherri was enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006. “Million Dollar Man†Ted DiBiase was her presenter.

No word as to cause of death as yet.

Edited by DisneyDude78

I don't know if anyone wants to take part in this but over on Marty Jannetty's my space page he is gathering comments from the fans to print out and take to Sherri's funeral. From Marty's page

This is your chance to say good bye to the BEST EVER!!

I WILL BE GOING TO SHERRI'S FUNERAL/CEREMONY(SHE IS BEING CREMATED, SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU CALL IT. A CEREMONY AND FUNERAL ARE THE SAME AREN'T THEY?) HER HUSBAND IS BUILDING A SHRINE IN THE HOUSE FOR HER WHERE THE URN WILL BE FOR HIM TO BE WITH HER EVERYDAY...I HAVE THIS LOVING DEDICATION THOUGHT TO OFFER TO THAT>>>

THIS BLOG, IS FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO RECOGNIZED, LOVED AND APPRECIATED THE LADY WHO WAS, "SIMPLY THE BEST"..SHE LOVED HER FANS DEEPLY, AND, SHE RECOGNIZED AND APPRECIATED THEM ALWAYS!!!.. AND I DO MEAN ...ALWAYS!!!!..AND, IF YOU WERE ONE OF HER FRIENDS, AGAIN, SHE WAS "SIMPLY THE BEST" FRIEND ANYONE COULD HAVE...SHE'D BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP A FRIEND IN NEED....SO,

ALONG WITH MY OWN PERSONAL GOOD-BYE LETTER...I WANT TO GIVE HER ANOTHER ONE...HOPEFULLY A LARGE ONE....FROM YOU GUYS...HER FANS, AND/OR THOSE WHO RESPECTED WHAT SHE DID FOR THE WRESTLING INDUSTRY.

I'M SURE HER FAMILY WILL APPRECIATE THAT TOO....AS THEY DO KNOW SHE WAS LOVED WORLD WIDE, BUT, NOT EVERYONE HAS THE MEANS TO BE THERE TO SAY THEIR FINAL GOOD-BYE TO HER..BUT, WE CAN SHOW OUR LOVE LIKE THIS>>>

IT'S LIKE A SIGN IN SHEET...JUST PUT YOUR NAME ON HERE, AND EVEN A "SHORT" MESSAGE IF YOU WANT TO TELL HER ANYTHING...AND, I'M GONNA PRINT IT ALL OUT ..SEAL IT IN AN ENVELOPE, AND PLACE IT THERE BY HER, ALONG WITH MY OWN LETTER. SO, SHE WILL NOT ONLY BE THERE EVERY DAY WITH HER SON AND HUBBY, BUT ALSO WITH SO MANY OF THE FANS WHO LOVED HER AND SHE LOVED SO MUCH. YOU, THE FANS, GAVE HER THE DESIRE TO PUSH HER BODY TO THE HUMAN LIMITS TO ENTERTAIN US ALL...HER FANS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!!! THANKS!

www.myspace.com/rockermj

• 2 weeks later...

According to local authorities, the investigating officer has returned to the location of Sherri Martel's passing. No indication has been given as to why, but Sherri Martel did have a storied history with narcotics. I would be saddend to see this as another narcotic related passing.