Latest Guest Announcement - Tobe Hooper

AmberB

• 4 weeks later...

I heard a rumour that Poltergeist (1982) will see a 25th anniversary SE DVD release this year, if so I hope its in time for C12.

I might check out Salem's Lot before C12 too, saw it cheap at HMV...can anyone tell me what it's like and is it as bad as It (which had made-for-tv written all over it) as I know both are Stephen King mini-series.

Hi nicky, you asked about Salem's Lot. Well I can tell you now, in my opinion, it's one of the best horror films of all time, it's up there with Dawn of the Dead, The Shining & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, to name a few. If you love horror, you'll love it. & no, it's not as bad as IT.

Edited by Kiwi 7

you asked about Salem's Lot. Well I can tell you now, in my opinion, it's one of the best horror films of all time
Thanks. Am I right in thinking the film is spread over 2 discs though? That sucks. Plus it's in 1:33:1 aspect ratio and in mono with no extras?? Edited by nicky

you asked about Salem's Lot. Well I can tell you now, in my opinion, it's one of the best horror films of all time
Thanks. Am I right in thinking the film is spread over 2 discs though? That sucks. Plus it's in 1:33:1 aspect ratio and in mono with no extras??

no its one disc about 3 hours long bloody scary! no extras yeah its 1:33:1 aspect ratio then it was made for tv

cant tell you enough how good it is turn out the lightsand enjoy the slow burn.

DONT rent or buy the short version check the run time its about 2half to 3 hours

your gonna scream

you will enjoy meeting mr barlow and mr barlow will enjoy YOU!!!

DONT rent or buy the short version check the run time its about 2half to 3 hours
Yes, its 183 mins. The 2hr version is the theatrical release and seeing as it had such a release I'm wondering if it was matted for the cinema screen like Kubrick's films as he always shot in 1:33:1. I suppose given that Salem's Lot had a theatrical release too it must have been quite good for a TV mini-series but which came first I wonder?

Anyone seen Lifeforce, another Hooper horror?

Romero was also the first choice for Resident Evil as well.

Yep, I asked him about that when I met him before. He seemed quite open about it by saying, "I was fired!". He also directed the Japanese trailer for the 2nd game.

I heard a rumour that Poltergeist (1982) will see a 25th anniversary SE DVD release this year, if so I hope its in time for C12.
How's this for timing?

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Poltergeist (25th Anniversary Edition) on 9th October 2007 priced at $19.97 SRP.

Presented in Anamorphic Widescreen with its soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby 2.0 this 25th Anniversary Edition of Poltergeist also includes the "They Are Here: The Real World of Poltergeists Revealed" documentary in 2 Parts: "Science of the Spirits" and "Communing with the Dead". Also on the disc is the Theatrical Trailer.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=65619

Don't like them extras much though, are they even anything to do with the production?

Edited by nicky

Yes, its 183 mins. The 2hr version is the theatrical release and seeing as it had such a release I'm wondering if it was matted for the cinema screen like Kubrick's films as he always shot in 1:33:1. I suppose given that Salem's Lot had a theatrical release too it must have been quite good for a TV mini-series but which came first I wonder?

Anyone seen Lifeforce, another Hooper horror?

THE COMPLETE CUT HAS ONLY EVER BEEN SHOWN ON TELEVISION AS A MINI SERIES ONCE SINCE IT WAS MADE AND HAS NEVER BEEN RELEASED ON VIDEO OR DVD. THERE ARE NUMEROUS VERSIONS AVAILABLE BUT NONE UNCUT AND COMPLETE! :blush:

Thanks. Am I right in thinking the film is spread over 2 discs though? That sucks. Plus it's in 1:33:1 aspect ratio and in mono with no extras??

no its one disc about 3 hours long bloody scary! no extras yeah its 1:33:1 aspect ratio then it was made for tv

cant tell you enough how good it is turn out the lightsand enjoy the slow burn.

your gonna scream

you will enjoy meeting mr barlow and mr barlow will enjoy YOU!!!

I WOULD HAVE KICKED MR. BARLOWS ASS! :blush:

• 4 weeks later...