2005 Ashes Cricket Team

I know they've underperformed since, but it would great to get the Ashes winning team along.

Definately need some cricketers. Warne, Muralitheran, Sangakarra are all legends and all playing over here at the moment - let's take advantage.

I saw this and for a moment thought you ment the austrailians!!! wouldn't be a bad thing though cause they are all really nice. They stayed at the hotel I work for 2 weeks during practice for the '05 ashes.

Though seeing as shane warne's not playing international he might be up for something like this

I would love to see some of the guys, but as it is in the main cricket season not much chance.

How about the team in 81 or in 86/87 that won the ashes in OZ.

1981 Series

Ian Botham started the series as England captain but was forced to resign or was sacked (depending on the source) after Australia took a 1-0 lead in the first two Tests of the 1981 series. Mike Brearley, who had previously retired from Test cricket, agreed to be reappointed before the Third Test at Headingley. Australia looked certain to take a 2-0 lead in the third Test when they forced England to follow-on 227 runs behind. England, despite being 135 for 7, produced a second innings total of 356 with Botham scoring 149*. Chasing just 130, Australia was dismissed for 111, with Bob Willis taking 8/43. It was the first time since 1894/95 that a team following on had won any Test match. Under Brearley's leadership, England went on to win the next two matches before a drawn final match at The Oval.

The 1986/87 England side started badly and attracted some criticism.[7] However, Chris Broad got three hundreds in successive tests and bowling successes from Graham Dilley and Gladstone Small meant England won 2–1. The final test was again marred by a controversial umpiring decision as Dean Jones was given not out early on in his innings to what appeared a legitimate catch. He went on to score 185* as Australia recorded their only win. It was though a resounding win for England and few could have predicted how long it would be until they won the Ashes again as after those wins a period of extended Australian dominance began. England would have to wait until 2005 to win the Ashes again.