The Entity (1981) Have you seen it?

nicky

I always knew about this film and managed to watch bits of it on Sky the other week and heard its due for a remake in 2009. It's directed by the guy that made Superman IV.

It's a about a single mother of two who is followed and repeatedly attacked, beaten, bitten and raped by an unseen force or poltergeist. She goes to a psychaitrist (Ron Silver) who questions her sanity. Eventually she convinces a group of students in paranormal investigations to help her fight and capture the entity. Based on actual events apparently.

Some disturbing scenes involve Barbara Hershey being pinned naked to a bed while the entity rapes her, and then again fully clothed against a couch while her kids watch in horror also of invisible hands groping her norks while she sleeps. The music (metallic, churning, forceful sound) makes it all even more scary too and the voice of the entity at the end of the film s***s me up, man.

the-entity.jpg

Edited by nicky

Yeah I saw this film aaages ago and remember it being quite good but I'll have to see it again to remember the full details. When i saw it last about 4 years ago I remember thinking that the special effects were very good for the time. Definelty worth a veiw if your into ghostly flicks.

James