HP Lovecraft

Keeper

I'm sorry, but this guys theory is rubbish. The links are flimsey at best, attempting to relate certain aspects of Lost of various aspects of HPL's life. The writer is also badly informed about the life and circumstances of HPL. He was not a nervous, reclusive writer living under the thumb of his mother and then his aunt, he travelled quite a lot around New England and some of the United States, which, ironically, provided him with the vivid descriptions of landscapes and small, forgotten towns that one find in his tales.

The one point I do agree with this person on, is that Lost is very much "in the spirit" of Lovecraft, the blurring the line between fact and fiction, the expansive mythology, the mysterious nature of things. And the island which cannot be found/doesn't exist. All we're missing are some fishey folk, perhaps an alien civilisation which was responsible for the dawn of man (here's hoping that's what Dharma is, but seeing as it started in the 70's, not much hope :D ), and some mouldy tomes which cause the reader to go mad at the information contained within.

Interesting theory, but no deal. If it makes more people read the works of H. P. Lovecraft (start with Dagon, do The Call of Cthulhu in the middle, and finish with At The Mountains of Madness and The Shadow Out of Time, please), then I'm all for it.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all it's contents."-HPL: The Call of Cthulhu

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."-HPL: Supernatural Horror in Literature.

Yeah, sounds like Lost to me. So, if you love Lost, read HPL. Please.

Edited by Victor Van Dort