Billie Piper

Keeper

found this on MSN jsut now... thought i'd share.

starts about her divorce from chris evans, mentions dr who and the singing past a bit as well.

no spoilers that i could see, other than the obvious that rose is leaving the series - billie misses being at home

26/6/2006 8:42:25 PM

( Source: PA)

Piper 'won't take a penny' from ex

Billie Piper says she will not be taking any cash from her multimillionaire ex-husband Chris Evans.

The Doctor Who star, who was just 18 when she married Evans, then 34, in Las Vegas five years ago, hit out at people who gain money in divorce settlements, saying: "I'm not taking a penny from him. I think that's disgusting.

The pair split three years after their wedding but have remained friends. Piper, 23, tells the Radio Times magazine that she felt suicidal when she was a teenage pop star.

She says: "My eyes were vague and dead, and my mouth was smiling without feeling, in a false pose I'd become accustomed to". I can't remember much - is that good or bad? I had a very dark moment at 16 when I didn't want to be here anymore, but I did nothing about it, thank God.

The actress, who is about to quit her role as the Doctor's assistant Rose in the hit BBC One series, says she was "stroppy" and "drinking too much" as a teenage pop star.

She said she was left with little cash despite her Number One hits, telling the Radio Times: "I was a little girl from Swindon, but managers and others work you to death, and you become exhausted and bitter. I was young, green and taken advantage of. There was a massive financial rip-off and, although I was working twice as hard as I am now, I was left with hardly any money.

She admits trying drugs, saying: "I tried all those things, but it never became a problem. I was so green and that's what saved me - otherwise I may have got into it more because everyone else was and it seemed like fun.

"I had my head in the clouds, was mad, neurotic and self-destructive, a very different character to the one you see today. I was saved mostly by my parents, friends and boyfriends, but it could have gone either way.

Piper admitted making the decision to quit Doctor Who a year ago, hinting that she misses being at home.

She said: "The longer I stayed the more scared I'd be of leaving because it's so comfortable and nice. I'm utterly grateful for the whole experience, but you have to take care of yourself and do what you feel is right.