Every me

Smaug

Title: Every Me

Rating: PG

Authors Note: This was a challenge I was set, I had to write a mini fic using a quote from the show CSI. And it could only involve the one character. I was listening to Placebo at the time and this is what I came up with!

Disclaimer: The shows CSI, CSI:NY and CSI:MIAMI, and their characters are the property of Alliance Atlantis Productions Inc. and CBS Broadcasting Inc. for the purposes of Copyright and other laws. I am in no way associated with them. No copyright infringement is intended or to be infered.

Words: 550

--

Catherine: You're right, you know. I should be just like you. Alone in my hermetically sealed condo, watching Discovery on the big screen, working genius-level crossword puzzles. But no relationships, no chance any will slop over into a case. Yeah, right. I want to be just like you.

Grissom: Technically it's a townhouse. And the crosswords are advanced, not genius. But you're right, I'm deficient in a lot of ways. But I never screw up one of my cases with personal stuff.

Catherine: Grissom... WHAT personal stuff?

~~

If you ever get the chance, sit back and look at everything around you. Your job, your home, your pets, family and friends. Look at everything and tell yourself, if you weren’t here, they wouldn’t be exactly the way you see them now. It’s because of you, a little part of you that has made them who they are.

Sucker love is heaven sent, You pucker up, our passion’s spent. My hearts a tart your body’s rent. My body’s broken yours is spent. Carve your name into my arm. Instead of stressed I lie here charmed, ‘cause there’s nothing else to do. Every me and every you.

So when someone tells you, “you have no lifeâ€, or you’re boring. Just smile and realise, they wouldn’t be who they are without you. Not one person you met in your life would be the same without meeting you. You affect other people and things.

Sucker love a box I choose, no other box I choose to use. Another love I would abuse no circumstances could excuse. In the shape of things to come too much poison come undone. Cause there’s nothing else to do, every me and every you.

I’m sitting back and trying to realise this. Every now and again I stare at my hands, or out of the window. I sigh occasionally because I still can’t stop thinking about this one thing someone said to me today. I’ll have gotten over it by tomorrow, but today it is still eating away at my insides.

Sucker love is known to swing, prone to cling and waste these things. Pucker up for heaven sake. There’s never been so much at stake. I serve my head up on a plate It’s only comfort calling late Cause there’s nothing else to do Every me and every you, Every me.

I often get the urge to grab people and shake them, shouting in their face “I am me OK? I am who I am because I have to be. I give advice to people because they ask for it and need it. Don’t start firing it back at me, I don’t need it! I’m not a hypocrite.†I find myself at a brick wall with everyone some day’s, they’re fine with the way I am one minute and then suddenly things change and I find it hard to live around them.

I’m not unemotional, I have a personal life, I just keep work and ‘play’ very much apart. I spend too much at work to want to bring people in from my personal life. People don’t need to know all about me to work with me? Do they?

I don’t want other people knowing about me. I work well with people and lets leave it at that. I don’t know why I worry myself over these things. I should be way past caring what issues other people have with me. I’ll just keep going, and if I choose, one day I’ll take someone along for the ride.

Like the naked leads the blind, I know I’m selfish, I’m unkind. Sucker love I always find someone to bruise and leave behind. All alone in space and time, There’s nothing here but what here’s mine. Something borrowed something blue Every me and every you.

And..

Every me.