Alternative Sirius'

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

After all the recent reports of the tortured negotiations between Gary Oldman's management and Warner Bros (talk about a mexican stand-off!) I got to thinking about replacement actors. Not that I'm concerned that they won't sort it out eventually *crosses fingers*, but it is an interesting thought.

And then I watched Battlestar Galactica tonight, and was suddenly struck by how much James Callis looks like my idea of Sirius Black when I'm reading the books. He's maybe a bit younger than WB are looking for, but I still think he'd be perfect. And judging by what I saw this evening he's a brilliant actor too!

So my vote goes to:

callis1.jpg10.jpg1127144530bgbaltar.jpg

mwpp.jpg

Andrea

ohh very interesting i like that idea dn I must say personally Ive always felt GO wasn't quite what I was expecting sirius to look like. No offence to Gary but Sirius was supossed to be the best looking guy in hogwarts which I don't see with Gary. But I think with the Lupin they chose (don't get me started!) they had to make him look about the same age which I can't say I agree with (rant over now)

nah, the thing with sirrius is that he is supposed to be a freindly being, but as you know from the books, was a bit of a bully at shcool. not to mention he spent many years in azkaban and lived pretty roughly when he escaped, Callis is not right, at least from what i can tell. he doesn't seem like the kind of person who can do psycotic crazy yet caring at the same time. he's more a paranoia crazy...