Ladies First...

lovekicks88

This story is based on characters and situations owned by JK Rowling and publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury. No copyright infringement is intended or to be infered.

Word: 450, exactly!

Harry and the other Weasleys had left Ron at the grave long after the service was over.

He stood at the overturned soil, the mound rising off the normal level of the green grass like a small hill. Flowers of the most beautiful shades and colours were strewn across the dark soil, creating a contrast so colourful that in bright light, it would hurt your eyes to look at it. The small petals fluttered slightly as a breeze played about the graveyard, brushing Ron’s pale cheeks.

There’s not even a cross, thought Ron, as he looked at the gaping space at the head of the mound, knowing that there should be something there. Glancing around miserably at the headstones around him, engraved with sweet messages about the people who occupied the graves beneath them, he felt a rising surge of anger as his eyes went back to the mound in front of him.

No one’s going to know who’s lying here…… No one’s going to know it’s my fiancé, who died two weeks before our wedding, lying in this grave……

The anger inside him slowly disappeared and was replaced with immense sorrow; every inch of his body could show it. His pale blue eyes had lost their twinkling shine as his normally bright and vibrant hair seemed dull on this upsetting day. His ashen skin made him look morbidly ill and the freckles on his face could barely be made out anymore.

Taking in a deep breath, feeling tears threatening to lace his already sore and almost dry eyes, he reached through the fold of his cloak and into the inside pocket of his waistcoat for the piece of parchment he’d wrote a fortnight before. When his shaking hand emerged, he looked down at the weakened and creased piece of parchment. He’d got it out of his pocket every time he had been left alone in a room and read it; if there was one thing that he would remember till the day he died was what was written on this piece of paper.

Blinking away tears, he slowly lowered himself to the mound, a sudden aroma of rich soil hitting his nose as he reached forward with trembling hands and made a small slit in the soil. Swallowing deeply, he reached forward and placed the piece of parchment in the small slit, wedged upright and wafting in the slight breeze.

Rising slowly, he looked down at the piece of parchment and re-read for the last time the message he had wrote in black ink on the day the two of them were supposed to get married.

I’ll find him for you, Hermione.

And when I do, I’ll kill him.