Stargate Fic - When's a Date a Date?

Snowflake_Shona

Disclaimer: 'Stargate SG-1' belongs to MGM and companies. There was no copyright infrinements intended.

Words: 439

There’s nothing wrong with this. We are just sitting in my house after a night out, she’s drinking the wine I bought earlier today, and we’re watching a movie. Ok, we’re sitting curled up together on my couch, but there’s nothing wrong with it. Who am I kidding? Of course there’s something wrong with it when you both know there is more to the friendship then you’re allowed to say.

It had started out innocent enough. It had been a long day of debriefing after the mission the day before. It hadn’t gone smoothly, the meet and greet turned into meet and fire, but that happens occasionally. Not our fault the locals don’t have a sense of humour. We were finally allowed home, and although almost ordered, Daniel refused to leave as he said he had to read something urgently. I don’t know how any book can be more important than coming round to mine for a few beers, but apparently this book was. I was a little dejected as I walked to the elevator after getting changed out of my BDUs and found Sam there, waiting for it.

“Hey,†I said as I approached. She seemed too engrossed in her thoughts, as she nearly jumped out of her skin when I spoke.

“Hi sir,†she said keeping it formal; however, I was not in the mood for formal.

“Sam, we’re off duty,†I said tiredly.

“Of course, Jack. Got any plans?†she asked as we got into the elevator.

“Did have, but Daniel cancelled on me,†I moaned. “You?â€

“I don’t know. Rent a movie probably,†she said.

“A girl’s night in?†I said.

“Something like that, but without the girls,†she said. We ride the rest of the journey in silence. We got to our cars and I leaned on the top of my car with a plan.

“Why don’t you and I have dinner?†I suggested. A little shocked at my forwardness. “Neither of us have anything to do.â€

“But wouldn’t it be… well… awkward?†she said being up that subject again. I had thought of that, but hey, nothing is going to happen, I know that.

“Why? Just two friends going for a meal and a few drinks,†I reworded it until it was ok.

“Yeah, it’s not like it’s a date or anything?†she said.

“Exactly,†I agreed.

But then again, when’s a date a date? So here we are on my couch, enjoying each other company after having dinner, and bringing her back to my house to continue the evening. I don’t do this with every woman. Just the ones I… date.

Whoops.

awwww yay Jack and Sam lol - it reminds me of the omlete who conversation in Citizen Joe ep XD

910624[/snapback]

"There’s a secret ingredient. I can’t tell you what it is or I’d have to shoot you."

"It’s beer, isn’t it?"

LOL, love that scene.