Anybody going via train to GMEX?

BluebizzieB

i was thinking of coaching it too but as i'm a lanky git my legs wont like it so im getting a train from Coventry to Manc via New Street. What the best deal i should get with a virgin train as it wold cost me 58 quid for a standard return

i was thinking of coaching it too but as i'm a lanky git my legs wont like it so im getting a train from Coventry to Manc via New Street. What the best deal i should get with a virgin train as it wold cost me 58 quid for a standard return

913538[/snapback]

I would suggest reading the various threads about travel, but it seems that two singles is probably the cheapest way to go, although that does commit you to being on the specific trains you select when you book a ticket, whereas a standard return means you can just turn up to the station and get whatever train is convenient/tickles your fancy.

There is always the option of borrowing a child and travelling using a family railcard. I am travelling from Inverness, dont have to borrow children as I have some of my own, but for three of us it 71 return. Disadvantage of having to travel for 6 hours with 6 year old but thanks to virgin trains we have seperate seats so should be peaceful journey for me, pity her sister who has to sit next to her.