Dermot Crowley was in james bond!

Guest Dr jones

If your like me a fan of james bond and watched james bond Octopussy and noticed that dermot crowley (general madine in star wars) was on the credits but couldnt see him in the film then i have the answer.

i went up to dermot at collectormaina and asked him who his character was in octupussy, he told me he played General Kamp who was the guy that puts the bomb on the train and shows the bad guys how to set the bomb. The reason alot of people dont no his character is because he is credited as just Kamp, so you dont think he'll be someone in a generals uniform.

i asked him if he had any photos of him as General Kamp but he didnt, but he did say that he was planning to get some made soon. So hopefully when i next meet him he'll have the photos done.

Thanks for the info. You seem to find all kind of strange things about the actors past when you look. For example, Corin Nemec to me is Harold Lauder from The Stand but everyone knows him from Stargate. When I showed him the DVD to sign, his responce was "Woo, The Stand on DVD!"

There was also a couple of others from Star Wars in Octopussy as well, Bruce Boa and Richard LeParmentier. The funny thing is Richard LeParmentier's name in the film is Richard Parmentier.

Darryl

lol yer i noticed. i looked for ages trying to find who bruce boa was in octupussy and i found him as the general i was like omg!! the funniest one i found was when this chinese lady from james bond a view to a kill called pan ho (papillon soo soo) was the "me so horny, me love you long time" prozzie from full metal jacket. i couldnt belive it. i'm watching bravehart at the moment and i can see Malcolm Tierney in it. he's got quite a big part. i met him at collectermania.