ALATRISTE

Aragorns_Princess

I wasn't sure if or where I would find the Viggo thread so thought I'd make a new post.

Just found this on the empire site and got very excited :P

ALATRISTE

While those who know Mortensen only from his Rings role may be put off by the fact that this is a Spanish language film, they should give this a chance. It's Spain's biggest budgeted film ever, and it's based on a hugely successful series of novels, so it should look pretty spectacular. With this good a cast, we're hoping for a breakout hit.

can't wait :unsure:

Plus this about another movie coming out before it...

It's been a good five minutes since we did a story touching on the cast or crew of The Lord of the Rings, so we thought it was time to bring you an update on their activities. Viggo Mortensen has signed on to star in A History of Violence for director David Cronenberg, which sounds suspiciously like a match made in heaven from where we're sitting.

A History of Violence is based on the graphic novel of the same name by John Wagner, about a small-town family man leading a quiet and blameless life. When he thwarts a robbery and is feted by the press, some highly unsavoury types see him and suspect that he is a former colleague who disappeared underground years before.

The film will be Cronenberg's first since 2002's Spider, and he certainly seems like the ideal person to take on the famously violent book. Mortensen, fresh from plenty of ass kicking in that obscure little trilogy he starred in, should fit in nicely as the quiet man with a dark side.

Mortensen will follow this film with another interesting project - Alatriste for Spanish director Agustin Diaz Yanes. It's the story of Captain Alatriste, a Spanish solider-turned-mercenary and a heroic figure from the country's 16th century imperial wars. Mortensen will be starring there with Spanish actress Elena Anaya, with the badly educated (but only in his films) Gael Garcia Bernal in talks to join them.

Meanwhile, there is a slight hiccup for Lord of the Rings fans, with reports that the Extended Edition has been delayed until early December, rather than the November release slot occupied by the other two extended versions. Apparently, it has been rather harder to reassemble the cast for commentaries this year, since they no longer have summer reshoots to do and are scattered across the globe, working on other projects. Still, it should still arrive in time for our Christmas stockings, so there's no need to worry too much.

*sorry just the date on this one was last year so a bit old but new to me!!*

Edited by Aragorns_Princess

ooo thanks for that! :help: coolness.

last Viggo film I saw at the cinema was Hidalgo. I fell asleep. Not cuz it was boring mind, just cuz I really was *that* tired. We'd had NO sleep the night before and then think it's a good idea to go to a cinema thats nice and warm with comfy seats... pfft.

:uhoh:

x x x