Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by whitewillow

  1. 14 hours ago, Wesker said:

    We have to live with this virus (like any type of virus), let natural immunity do the job and stop bothering us with it (I got this virus at the end of March when I had done the 3 doses suddenly I have the 4th automatically.)

    I agree, although natural immunity probably won't last too long with all the mutations, and there's a risk of complications if you get ill, so I'm still going to wear a mask to try and avoid it. Wearing a mask is just a mild inconvenience, not like lockdown (never want to go back to that).

    9 hours ago, Mayhem said:

    The daft thing is, unless it’s an uber high end surgical grade mask, it’s not going to protect you. It’s designed to stop you infecting others. The concept of universal mask wearing was to massively prevent transmission vectors, not reception vectors. With barely anyone wearing masks, wearing one yourself is going to do nothing to stop you catching covid. Just respect for meeting guests and protecting them.

    That's why I'm going to use FFP2 masks, the ones that offer the highest protection. And fingers crossed! I know that doesn't guarantee anything, but anything I can do to minimize the risk I will do.

    • Like 5
  2. Very disappointed about Graham. Luckily for me there are still a lot of guests to see. Especially with the many Star Trek actors (I only got into Star Trek in recent years, so my Star Trek autograph library is still far from complete). But I know people who are very disappointed as they are left with basically no one they need/are interested in.

    • Like 2
  3. If the actors you plan to see a low-priced, like 25 or less, I think you'll be OK getting into LFCC late. Prices in that range tend to be open queue (no VTs), especially on the last day.

    Otherwise if you're planning on seeing someone who will be popular and they have a Diamond Pass, maybe you should consider getting one.

  4. On 9/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, MikeDonovan said:

    To be clear, I do not speak for anyone at Showmasters, I have no inside information, and this is purely my own educated opinion.

    With that out of the way,  I think that the chances of this going ahead, at this point, are very slim. I'm not saying zero, but I would absolutely shocked if it does. If I were you, I would not be booking any travel or hotels.

    I agree. I'm just waiting for the announcement to make it official.

  5. On 6/30/2020 at 5:05 PM, Starbuck73 said:

    Having reviewed my current health status with my doctor, I am no longer attending in November. My tickets have already been refunded. -_-

    For those curious, I am currently in stage 5 kidney failure & am about to be transplant listed. Hospital appointments galore at the moment! :rolleyes:

    I hope all of you who do manage to attend have a great weekend & enjoy yourselves as much as is socially acceptable! ^_^

    Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the transplant, hope they find a compatible donor quickly and it all goes well for you. xxx

    • Like 1
  6. 21 minutes ago, SGfan said:

    If social distancing is still in force, how can people possibly get autographs or photo shoots (let alone over-the-table shots)?

    Personally I think if things in November are still as they are now, LFCC November will also be cancelled/postponed. Everyone's just hoping that by then the pandemic will have petered out or there'll be a vaccine.

  7. OK, question: is there a cutoff date for when you can request the voucher, if you can't attend in November? I won't know for sure until closer to the date, so should I ask for a voucher now or wait until, say, October, and ask for the voucher then if it turns out I can't attend? Will I still be able to ask for the voucher in October?

  8. Sad, but expected. I think I would like to attend the November event, and plane tickets will probably be cheaper, but there's the issue of a potential second wave of COVID-19 in autumn. So I will keep my fingers crossed and wait and see, hopefully the November event will take place and I will be able to attend. So I won't request a voucher just yet.

  9. So I was reading this article about cosplayers being affected by con cancellations, and it says the following:

    "The past two months have felt like an endless parade of cancellations, along with demands from the public to cancel even sooner seemingly ignored until the last minute. But there is a reason. As explained by law firm Akerman, most big contracts (like the ones between cons and convention centers) will include what’s called a Force Majeure clause. This “excuses one or both parties’ performance obligations when circumstances arise which are beyond the parties’ control,” and can include natural disasters, acts of government authority, and pandemics. But invoking it is a lengthy process, and success depends on the language in the contract and how it’s applied. In addition, some states like New York, California, and Florida have special guidelines of their own that can stretch things out further."

    So this probably explains why there hasn't been a cancellation announcement yet.

    • Like 6
  10. Friday is the quietest day, but some guests may not be attending on Friday. So it depends who you want to see. Sunday is the 2nd quietest, and it can be quite easy with autographs as most people have got their autos on the 2 previous days so it is easier to see guests. I think it is definitely worth coming for a 2nd day, or possibly all 3. You'll have to look at which guests attend on which day and decide.

    When I started attending, I only attended Saturday and Sunday. Then I decided to do all 3 days as that would make it more relaxed, with more time to do things, and it was the right decision.

  • Create New...