Diamond Pass Name

Hi All,

I'm not sure if feedback is wanted or if this has been mentioned before, but would it not be better to name the Diamond pass "Diamond Bolt-On" or "Diamond Upgrade" or something similar?

I'm just predicting a little bit of confusion over it and it's much easier to explain "I have a Gold Pass and a Liam Neeson Diamond Bolt-On". Especially as people could end up with a gold pass and a couple of diamond passes for different guests. It could get confusing given that you'd expect a diamond pass to have everything a gold pass has and more when you first hear about it.

Use the word "pass" only when talking about entrance tickets and "upgrade" or "Bolt-On" or "package" when talking about specific guest packages maybe. It keeps things clearer :)

There's already this post here http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86730

Thanks.

Edit: Just wanted to add that in Jason's original announcement he only titled the section "Diamond Pass" and in the rest of the post called them "Diamond upgrade/packages" so perhaps they were never going to be called passes in the first place. They just need to have one name that isn't "pass". I guess we won't know everything about them until the first one is announced. Looking forward to it. :)

Edited by LogicTheory

well diamond pass isn't an upgrade because although originally planned there is no entry fee included in the diamond pass. originally there was going to be but the fans asked for there not be be as some people may want to buy multiple diamond passes and hence forth would not want to have paid entry twice. upgrade would miss emphasis to people that they could upgrade to the price of the diamond and the diamond would be all they pay. but as entry is not included now people would complain of they saw the diamond + entry in their basket. many regulars are just calling it a diamond ticket and maybe ticket would be be a better name to give less confusion. it is probably still called pass because of the original name and showmaster just haven't changed the name. It is still a sort of pass as it will be the pass to see the diamond guests. some diamond guests may do extra signings but some diamond guests may only see people who have diamond tickets so it is a pass of sorts a pass to the diamond celebs.

Hope this helps clear up some of your confusion.

I'm not confused myself, it's just every time I read about it, I think "that's going to cause some confusion" and then when I read the linked post above, I thought I'd give my opinion on a better name

I like "Diamond Bolt-On" or "Diamond Package" as it avoids all confusion. I only added "Upgrade" to my post because it's one of the many names floating around that SM have used. :)