Talking to guests without auto?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply :)

Ofcourse, only if they are not busy. I often see guests sitting at their table without anyone around.

I was wondering if it's allowed to talk to someone without paying for an auto. There are some guests I'm interested in to talk to, but I don't necessarily need/want their autograph. I feel weird having a chat with them without buying something.

Is it OK to do so, or is there some kind of rule I don't know of?

Hello there Helene :)

You're very welcome. As long as there's no one else waiting for an Autograph etc (they take precedent) and they are on their own you can indeed go up to them and have a quick word. But be mindful of those who may be behind you whilst you're talking to them as paying customers do have priority :)

But theres no rule.

From the FAQ , http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83162&page=1entry918133, in the LFCC section but it also applies here.

Can I see a guest without paying for an autograph?

Note: This applies to both having a chat or just taking a photo!

Firstly the best thing to do is (as above) to go up with someone that is getting an autograph. Please be aware that if it's not an open queue you will need your own VT to join the queue.

If you don't have someone who's getting an autograph to go up with, then the follow guide lines apply:

For guests with a seperate photo table, as long as they have no queue, please go and ask the member of crew at the end of the queue, or on the photo table. The crew will be able to tell you at the time if it's OK for you to go and speak to the guest.

For minor guests without a separate photo table feel free to chat to the guest, but again only if there is no queue.

Three things to remember if you're going up without someone buying an autograph:

1: Paying customers have priority, so if you're talking to a guest and a paying customer arrives you should move along straight away.

2: Virtual Tickets are for people wanting autographs, please don't take them if you just want to meet the guest. Even with a VT you will not be allowed into the queue without paying for an autograph. As I've said above if there is NO queue then you can ask if it's OK.

3: The show is there to make money, it's how we get such good guests in the first place. So do not take it personally if the crew says no. There can be reasons that are not obvious to you as to why they've had to say no.