Can I just ask.......

sxyscot

You pay for each autograph in the middle of the particular person's queue......there will be a table with a SM guy taking the money and a selection of photos for you to choose from to get signed should you not wish to get a personal item signed.

You've got to agree that handing over cash in front of said guest would be more than a little....improper.

You've got to agree that handing over cash in front of said guest would be more than a little....improper.

Lol. ;) Yeah that would be embarrassing for you and the guest, they know you pay but it's be a bit rude to pass money under their nose.

I had it better when I met a star trek guest who was taking the money himself, he signed the photo, let me take a picture with him and I started to walk off and he said "what about the money" lol I felt a fool

I had the opposite of that at C4 (some guests you pay the SM person at the table) - I won't say which guest because that might get them into trouble, but we were so busy chatting I forgot to pay, I was just walking away when I remembered and turned back and he said "No don't worry about it" The SM guy just shrugged and said 'I'm not arguing with him' - he's such a sweety! :D

Edited by Eogwyn

I think it's a case of the guests saying 'I want X for my auto'....Showmasters take that, add on expense costs such as hotel and flight costs and then add their profit margin, which they are fully entitled to increase in my opinion.

For the bigger guests there may also be the question of an 'appearnce fee' on top of the auto cost which no doubt makes the difference between a £15 auto and a £20 - £30 auto.