Sign in to follow this  
adriangill

Favourite TOS Episodes

I pomised myself I would select only one episode per series. I failed :D

S1: The Corbomite Maneuver, Balance Of Terror, Arena, The City On The Edge Of Forever

S2: Amok Time, Mirror Mirror, The Trouble With Tribbles

S3: The Enterprise Incident, The Tholian Web

Animated: Yesteryear

Film: The Wrath Of Khan, The Voyage Home

Apart from two or three poor episodes the first season is damn near impossible to pick.

S1 - Miri

S2 - Amok Time

S3 - All our Yesterdays

Agree with Yesteryear for animated and TWOK for film.

You are right about the first series, I struggled to limit my selection. The first series is the best, which is unusual as understandably the first series is usually the weakest of any show.

I have to admit I haven't watched all of the animated series yet but Yesteryear is my favourite so far.

The first series was (with a few exceptions) perfect, great stories, memorable scenes in nearly every episode, terrific music.

It's no surprise that faced with the pressure of having to follow that (and with a decreased budget) the other series didn't quite hit the same consistent heights. Excellent shows continued to come our way but these became a bit more hit and miss as the show went on.

Probably not a bad thing that it all ended after series three, allowed the legendary status to grow for a decade before the motion pictures etc.

Not a great fan of the animated series, saw it when I was a kid, soon forgot about it. Caught a few episodes on a video release over ten years ago, yesteryear was on that and really enjoyed it. Then the DVD set came out a few years ago. Found some of them pretty annoying to watch, but was pleased that yesteryear was still as good as I remembered it to be, shame that one wasn't a live action show.