FANFICTION COMPETITION ENTRY

Cee

Rematch

Emmett's POV:

I smirked at Bella, I was dying for a rematch and she knew it too. There was no way I was going to let this newborn girl have a victory over me, even if she was married to my brother. Alice looked over from her position in Jasper’s arms on the sofa and rolled her eyes. Edward just shook his head and chuckled as I glared at him.

“There’s no point Emmett, you will lose…again,†Alice told me, making sure she put emphasis on the word ‘again.’

“No I won’t, I’m ready this time, your vision is wrong,†I retorted, I was going to prove my sister wrong, her visions were only right as long as decisions didn’t change. Something was going to change; I was going to win this time.

“Emmett, Bella, if you two are going to have a rematch, please hold it outside, or at least away from the house.†Esme sighed.

“Yes Mum,†I replied, purposefully avoiding Bella's gaze, the smirk on my face and the all knowing grin on her face as she muttered at vampire frequency. However, I made the mistake of looking at Alice, who snorted as she tried to suppress a laugh. Edward’s head spun round as he looked at his sister before smirking and chortling to himself. He glanced over me, knowing what I was thinking at that precise moment: There was no way on hell I was losing to a girl, especially not in a man’s sport.

Bella strode confidently past me smirking, “Well Emmett, you ready to lose or what?â€

“Oh I wont be the one losing,†I glared at the brunette, following her out.

Unfortunately Edward chose that moment to slap me hard on the back, before he ran out, racing Bella. I still heard the smugness in his tone, “Get ready for humiliation bro!â€

Nessie squirmed in Rose‘s arms, smiling at me. By this point Bella and I were positioned, ready to begin my long awaited and deserved rematch. “See, even Ness knows I’m going to win.â€

It took me by surprise to hear Nessie retort before Bella had the chance. “No, you’re going to be beaten again,†she laughed, clapping her hands together happily. Soon the family was gathered round, and Carlisle chose to referee the arm wrestling rematch.

“Emmett, Bella, behave, ready, go!†My face contorted into one of pure concentration as he put in the effort.

Bella and I had our little banter while Bella rolled her eyes out of boredom at our ludicrous rematch, not even bothering to try and defeat me. “You know I went easy on you last time right?†I heard Edward snort from somewhere behind him.

“Which is why I’m not even trying now right?†Bella tried to keep a straight face.

“Go on then, drop all façade, try,†I taunted her smirking.

“If you want.†She shrugged. Bella moved her arm slightly and Emmett was down.

Bella got up and picked Nessie up.

“Told you so,†Nessie giggled.

Edited by Cee

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused- I think you've put half of it in Emmett's perspective, and half of it from someone else's... or a narrator's? You switch from "me" to "Emmett/ him"... if that makes sense...

aww damit...i forgot i had that there still, thanks