FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

Jalice_Azzaya

‘Alice please, don’t go!’ The phone went dead. I had to believe her, I couldn’t give up now, the others needed me. Their emotions were radiating off them. Alice was in Voltura, trying to save our brother. Who currently thought - his love - Bella was dead. It was one big misunderstanding, which could cost their lives. Rosalie would pay. This was all her fault. If she hadn't interupted, Edward wouldn’t be safe. Bella would be at home and Alice would be here with me. Wrapped securely in my arms. The whole time I was taking deep breaths, I couldn't keep it together. I went to our room. I couldn't handle the other’s questions, or their emotions for that matter. I had to think. A mixture of torture and over whelming worry. Why hadn’t she let me go to? I knew, I just didn't want to accept it. The only reason was that she didn't want to put me in danger too. She knew that if she was in danger I’d gladly give my life to save hers. No, I can’t think this. Alice will be fine, they’ll get Edward in time and they’ll come home. Then she’ll be lying next to me again. Telling me over and over that I worry to much. I believed that. I had to. She has to come back, there is no other way either one of us could survive eternity with out the other. If she didn't survive though. Would I be able to go on. That was one question I could answer. If anything happened to Alice, my fate wouldn't be sealed. We would be together, be it in life or death. I sat on our bed for hours, worrying. I was in such a trance, I almost didn't notice the vibrations running up my leg. I didn't even check the caller ID. I knew who it was, the only person I would ever want it to be. ‘Alice! Alice! Are you ok? Please tell me your okay? I’ve been so worried!’ I was almost hysterical as she attempted to calm me down. ‘Swear I’m ok. We all are. We made a deal with the Volturi, but we’ll talk about that when we get back. Jasper? Are you still there?’ When I heard her say she was okay, I had just succumbed to the relief that over powered me. For a brief second, I believed I was crying. I could feel the warm water, trickling down my face. I knew that was impossible, but I had never been so relieved in all my existence. ‘Yes Alice, I’m okay.’ I said in-between sobs. ‘Jasper are you crying?’ She sighed. ‘Yes love.’ I told her. ‘Jasper, I promise, I’m fine. I’ve got to go, I love you.’ The phone went dead. ‘I love you to.’ I whispered, although she wasn’t there. It would only ever be Alice who could make me feel like this. I was ecstatic, my baby was coming home.

By Amy Checketts

Edited by Jalice_Azzaya