FANFIC competition entry

Twilight_fanatic92

I sped through the clearing, faster than i have ever run, though the site that awaited me was far from what i expected, a bear- another delicious substance, but not the one i was looking for, and thats when i saw him.

Cowering against a bolder, blood pulsating from various wounds, he was the only thing i wanted, but for all the wrong reasons, for the thirst for his blood was not what held me, something new washed over me, a sense of compassion for this man who had found himself in the wrong part of the woods with a hungry bear. I wanted nothing more than to shield him from this beast, though i was the most dangerous thing there. For once i felt like myself again, instead of the monster i had become. I had to save this stranger, the bear was collateral damage, though the thought of wasting blood was an unimaginable thing for any vampire. When i got to him, he was bleeding more than anticipated, i held my breath, though the smell was so overpowering the thought of draining the near lifeless body infront of me crossed my mind more than 100 times without a second passing. He looked so helpless, much like Henry, Vera's darling son, with his curly hair and dimples that showed even though he was in visible pain, i couldn't help but see this stranger as Henry, that was when my mind was settled, i knew the journey would be hard, but worth it, i would prove Carlisle wrong, if i could control myself enough not to kill a bleeding human, then i could do anything. I had no problem with the weight, the only thing continuosly pulling me from my reveree was the scent, i held my breath as much as possible, through the woods and many miles to Carlisle, my father his wife Esme and of course edward not that i was particularly bothered to see him.

As i approached the house there was nothing the only motion was Carlisle easing the stranger from my arms and take him to his room. I followed with a feeling of gratification, and with a slight smug turn to my thoughts, which Edward had obliviously picked up on- the look he gave me said it all- and from then on i was quiet, my thoughts were with this beautiful stranger, Henry- though i couldn't think of him like that. Carlisle gave him something for the pain and stopped the bleeding, and with the words building up in my mouth, i had to ask, "Why him?" Carlisle was at first confused by my considerate tone, something he had never before heard, but couldn't answer, so i had to speak again "Carlisle..." i was hesitant at first, but i needed him, like i needed blood, he was mine and always would be, "Carlisle, i need a favour..."

Emmett he said, thats me, now he was mine, and would be for eternity my own Henry.

Jadie Bateman

Edited by Twilight_fanatic92