FANFIC COMPETITION ENTRY

Carlistara

Edward and Bella wanted visit Carlisle at work. Their passionate kiss got interrupted by Alice and Esme who sped into the hospital parking lot in Alice´s yellow Porsche.

“What is it? Carlisle?â€, Edward asked impatiently. His sister answered reluctantly, “I don´t know exactly. Nothing life threatening, but…†Edward´s eyes snapped open and he sharply cut in: “His thoughts are going crazy. All directions, too fast for me to follow.â€

“Let´s not jump to conclusionsâ€, Esme indicated. “We´ll wait. His shift is almost over!â€

The hospital door swung open and eight concerned eyes were on the vampire father. His face was even paler than usual.

“Where is the woman who brought the casualties from the riding accident?â€, Carlisle yelled at a nurse who quickly pointed her finger to the opposite side of the large parking lot.

That was the moment they realized something was terribly wrong. Dr. Carlisle Cullen never yelled.

Following closely, Esme carefully asked: “Carlisle, darling, what is it?â€

All her husband could give back before his voice broke off was:

“Deidra!â€

Esme stopped abruptly and turned to the kids: “Deidra is Carlisle´s oldest friend. He thought she was dead! She once saved his life although he had just about killed her before. Something changed in both of them when Deidra´s blood and Carlisle´s venom got mixed.â€

The kids watched from a save distance as the almost 400-year-old rushed towards the woman whose pretty face was framed by long pitch-black curls.

Seeing him approach, the stranger pulled a powerful shield right from her bare hands. Its force hit Carlisle hard, the beautiful vampire tumbled back but instantly started struggling.

Bella, Edward, Esme and Alice were then close enough to hear him whisper: “Deidra! You are alive! It´s been too long. I´m sorry.â€

Without a single word, the blue eyed woman enforced her shield once again. As waves of pain visibly tortured Deidra´s body, Alice burst out: “She´s a witch! But look, she´s crying! Why?â€

Carlisle tried all in his powers to get through - chanceless. He suddenly gave up the fight, dropped to his knees, begging: “Deidra, please…â€, and burying his picture-perfect face in his large muscular hands, he whispered: “I´m sorry.â€

Bella was the first who paid attention of the white horse behind the strange woman. She could not believe it at first, but it doubtlessly talked:

“Deidra, let it down!â€, the horse demanded, “Look at him, Deidra, and look at you!†As the sun broke through the clouds, both Carlisle´s skin and Deidra´s hair seemed to get covered in countless diamonds.

“See, that´s what the venom didâ€, Esme stated with a smile, “Beautiful, isn´t it?â€

Deidra took a deep breath and finally let the shield disappear. She collapsed into the vampire´s open arms.

“But what did her blood change in him?â€, Alice questioned.

Everything was still as the Cullen family members and the supernatural horse watched Carlisle pull his friend tightly to his chest and turning around, large tears were rolling from his chocolate brown hypnotizing eyes.

- Tara

Edited by Carlistara

Thanks, ladies! I thought it might be a good idea so enter something "different". As much as I do love the stories about how everyone got changed, the backgrounds on the happenings in the books etc., I suppose mine kinda takes it to another level... Or so. Hope you know what I mean.

^_^