Hello!

doodlebuguk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they never did that in halls. Our halls were seperated into three sections by door colour, and each section had three floors or flats, whatever. Each flat had about 12 people in them and they were only single sex in each flat. The only way you lived in a mixed flat was if you were in the halls with the en-suite facilities.

But we've had some nightmare times at halls.

There was this long-running fued with the lads next door because they stole our hoover. The lads from downstairs once came in and attacked us with BB guns,a nd the 3, 4 and 5am fire alarms are definitely something I didn't miss when I moved out.

Our halls are all mixed sex. (with the emphasis on the sex!) Each hall has its own facilities. Howitt is the largest, 14 storeys and holds 30 students on each floor. In first year the engineering guys rigged up all our sound equipment and blasted the hall next door with about 1000 decibels! Only one problem! They had the speakeres set too high and the sound skipped over Farrer and into the Vice-Chancellor's house on the other side! Not a good outcome! Their dogs took off and were found a day later and his wife nearly had a nervous breakdown! OMG! :lol::lol:

Lol, we've never had anything that bad. I do remember this one time when some of the girls form my flat had come back after a particularly wild night and had a flour fight. I woke up the next morning to go to the toilet and wondered why the normally red carpet in the corridor was now white. And why the kitchen suddenly looked like a blizzard had visited it during the night.

Good grief! Did you ever hear about Graham the travelling gnome from Sammy? We had quite a tradition of sending garden gnomes on extended holidays and Graham went everywhere with us! He lived in halls for a while and had a great time at rock concerts! He finally got arrested in St Kilda for obstructing traffic in the junction! My he WAS a busy boy!

No, she never told me about the gnome. But then again, when I did talk to her I tended to moan about Ann. I have a tendency to do that.

But Graham sounds like gothic teddy. My friend Kim has decorated a teddy all gothic and stuff, and she wants him to visit lots of places. We've offered to take him to C5.

We'll try and get Gothic Teddy from Kim. Abd we'll try and get his picture took with the famous peeps. It should be fun.

I should be working too. I have to write a political column for Monday. Now I know what I wanna write, but I don't know how to put it on the page.