Moved to the Ibis but name not on file...

...yeah, you read correctly. I'm close to a panic attack and I've never had one of those in my life: I was originally booked into Park, I booked in APRIL. I know people who booked after me who haven't been shunted to Ibis like I have. Regardless of that, I called Park and requested, re-requested, re-re-requested and then demanded I get sent a confirmation for my Ibis room.

I was promised that by close yesterday.

As I was away from home til this evening, I gave them another day. Still nothing. So I called Ibis directly and they have no record of me or my booking or my name or any variation thereof. I called Park and by then I only got the Night Manager and all he could tell me was that my room that I had booked there had been cancelled, and he had no clue about the Ibis movements as he wasn't involved in the shunting.

At the moment? It appears I don't have a room. OMG *hyperventilates*

Anyway, I share this story with y'all because I don't want anyone else to turn up thinking they have a room but end up not having one. Check your confirms, guys. Yes it's going to put Park out... but they kinda put us out first.

And here's hoping I do have a room after all..erk..

• Showmasters Admin

the night crew at any hotel are all crap its the way of things in this day and age but that dose not help you i know

now i know the hotel has booked and moved some people the thing to do is contact them in the morning and just ask to talk to the person that is running the move to the ibis and insist this person talks to you and gives you the info you need

you are well in your rights to get the info from them tomorrow but you do need to talk to someone with the right info

we are there at the hotel from friday and if there are things that are still an issue we will try to help you but i know the hotel are trying to help anyone with an issue

so give them a ring tomorrow

hope this helps

jason :D