Torchwood Series 3

TRUKid

After talking to Kai Owen for quite some time, I managed to get out of him that the third series of Torchwood is due to be commissioned soon (I know people on here have said it has already been agreed but according to the 'horses mouth' it has not)

Therefore, the question that I always wonder is...

how do you possibly get an audition for such a programme or some extra work on the programme??

I know there are a lot of 'websites' offering these services for a fee but I wouldn't touch one of those with a bargepole!

A mate of mine just signed up to an agency a few years back, and he has been in a couple of Torchwood episodes, Dr Who as well. He is also in bits of Casualty etc. Just sign up to an agency.

That's cool to hear!

I'm sure loads of people on here would love to be him: starring in Dr.Who and Torchwood!

I suppose the thing is realising that although there are a number of fake agencies/sites out there, obviously some are genuine and do come up trumps!

I've got an agent myself and get quite a lot of work! I worked on The Water Horse and some other movies, TV Shows, Adverts and Music videos. It really isn't glamorous in the slightest! There's long hours, endless waiting about and you're required to work at all times of the day and in all conditions... I even ended up hospitalised with Pneumonia after working on one production!

You say about not wanting to pay a fee to agents! My agent is one of the largest in Scotland and I pay about £30 per year but there's nothing to say that you have to pay that as equity don't really allow it! This fee is to ensure my inclusion on the website and in the brochure which gives me a better chance of work as casting agents can see a picture of myself and I may fit the part that they're wishing to cast, rather than the agency just picking at random.

An extra part is more acheivable as they don't require any real acting talent (and I can say that cause I'm one myself) whereas you may just get your foot in the door with an audition but you would need to knock their socks off! (Does anyone still use that metaphor?)

I'm working on a movie over the next few days up in Inverary in Scotland. Don't know the name of it yet but I'm apparently playing a world war II soldier! Check out my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2237091/ (There's a few more titles to add, including New Town Killers with Dougray Scott which I worked on last week!)

Any more info just ask. :D

I've got an agent myself and get quite a lot of work! I worked on The Water Horse and some other movies, TV Shows, Adverts and Music videos. It really isn't glamorous in the slightest! There's long hours, endless waiting about and you're required to work at all times of the day and in all conditions... I even ended up hospitalised with Pneumonia after working on one production!

You say about not wanting to pay a fee to agents! My agent is one of the largest in Scotland and I pay about £30 per year but there's nothing to say that you have to pay that as equity don't really allow it! This fee is to ensure my inclusion on the website and in the brochure which gives me a better chance of work as casting agents can see a picture of myself and I may fit the part that they're wishing to cast, rather than the agency just picking at random.

An extra part is more acheivable as they don't require any real acting talent (and I can say that cause I'm one myself) whereas you may just get your foot in the door with an audition but you would need to knock their socks off! (Does anyone still use that metaphor?)

I'm working on a movie over the next few days up in Inverary in Scotland. Don't know the name of it yet but I'm apparently playing a world war II soldier! Check out my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2237091/ (There's a few more titles to add, including New Town Killers with Dougray Scott which I worked on last week!)

Any more info just ask. :D

I asked John Barrowman the question 'Is there going to be a series 3?' he replied 'Yes there is' and then smiled.