Thanks for an amazing weekend!

lisa2004

I just wanted to come on and add my thanks for such an amazing convention......

HIGHLIGHTS!!!!!

The Parties - The themes were excellent and it was so nice to see so many people dressing up. Cristine's address to the crowds as Angela Petrelli on Sat night was such a nice touch!!! Also, I was so pleased with myself and my mates as we were con dance "Virgins" and we joined in with all of them - even "Star Trekking!!!"

The Guests - Again - just great! Every guest seemed relaxed and happy! They seemed to be having a ball!! My personal faves were David and Cristine but really - they were all lovely and I would love to meet them again in the future

Photoshoots - A laugh a minte!! Malcolm is a scream!!!! Loved the backdrops that were used and the turn around on photos was excellent

Schedule - OK we all know that it was a little messed up in the morning on the Sat but I loved the way Sat was handled in the end.... It was nice to have the talks at the end of the day so that people were not leaving for photo sessions etc....... We did well on the Sat - getting 4 out of 6 autos and only had one photo shoot left to do on the Sunday

Food - the resturant in the hotel was also nice - the food was ok and cheap.... and it was nice not to live on a diet of chocolate and crisps!

LOW LIGHTS!!

Only one really - The M1!!!! It was soooooo busy on Friday night and we were late and missed the opening cereomeny

So all in all an amazing weekend!

Thanks you to Mark and Jason - It was a scream

Here's to November!!!

Lisa

Edited by lisa2004

Just wanted to add my thanks as well.

We had a great time thanks.

There were teething problems as can be expected but these were all sorted out efficiently and calmly and there were no disasters.

The whole weekend was a major success and I would like to thank Jason and his whole team for all the effort that was needed to pull it off.

Roll on Lockdown!! :headscratch:

There were so many great things about this weekend. The attention to detail was incredible and just added to the experience. I loved the way the hall was set up differently for the two parties. Getting Christine (as Angela) to do a little speach to introduce the MJ-alike was inspired and the timeline room was simply awesome (who else got their photo taken there lying 'dead' on the floor?! :smile:

The registration packs were superb, I loved the idea of receiving the photo's and the con booklet was of a high standard too (thanks SJ).