Fanfic Writing Get Together

Kayim

I was thinking that it might be nice, as a Lost fanfic writer, to get together with other writers at the con, perhaps during a quieter moment (during the signing/photo sessions if the schedule for Eclipse is anything to go by).

We could just have a "drop in" group where people could brainstorm fic ideas, maybe work on some short pieces together.

Do you think anyone would be interested?

i would

but it depends what fanfics

i wouldnt be up to writing the ultimate jate chronicals

but hehe ive wrote a few fics in the past and it sounds like fun. :dance:

I was thinking just short fics with prompts, like what would character A do in situation B.

It would just be more something to do in the quieter moments to get to know other people at the con.

I'll come to this.

Maybe I can get some tips on how to get past three chapters :smile: I seem to be only able to do one-shots.

LOL! Not from me you wont :) My fics tend towards the shorter side.

Except for my AU, which is threatening to take over my entire life!!

Awesome, Kayim, I archive mainly on LJ too :YAHOO:

Lauren; I'm not too good with longer fics either. But lately I've been finding it helps to not show anyone til it's done completely. But then you're writing something long without anyone to tell you what they think of it. Long fics are just difficult. And sometimes you can do so much more with one shots anyways.

I should probably be saving this for the actual day, shouldn't I? Hehe!

I think that's my main problem, I write the first chapter and think it's okay so I post it and then I'm under pressure to write more chapters so I rush that and normally post about 3 chapters in one day, then I read it again and think it sounds awful so I just delete it and then give up writing for a few months :poki:

The only fic I have online now is the first ever Kaniel (Kate/Dan) fic, if that ship takes off and becomes Canon I can be proud of that I was first :D:P

Edited by night_sky_dream