RUMBLE RESULTS

monkeyking

entering at number 30 in the royal rumble we witness the shock return of john cena who was able to eliminate chavo guerrero , Carlito, Mark Henry and Triple H in order to pick up the win and will go on the main event at wrestlemania

what a win for cena (did anyone see it coming i sure didn't)

longest time in the royal rumble-batista 37:43

shortest time-santino marella 0.17

most eliminations- triple H 6 (Cody Rhodes, Elijah Burke, Big Daddy V, Mick Foley, Kane, Batista)

roddy piper and jimmy superfly snuka entered the rumble then were later eliminated by kane

randy orton still champion

edge still champion

ric flair keeps his carrer for another day

jbl beat chris by DQ

what do think of the event

Edited by monkeyking

Despite Cena, I thought it was an excellent PPV! I don't think there was a bad match on teh card (hell, MVP even got a decent fight out of Ric Flair!)

Ok, Cena winning was a little annoying, but you can't deny it was a surprise to see him come out! And at least my worst fears (Hornswaggle or HHH winning) were unfounded. :eek:

I would much rather have had Trippers win, coz his previous title runs as a heel were so damn good :thumbup: . As with Cena though, it just isn't entertaining to see him do the same thing every week :dance: .

I don't want Cena to be champion again, maybe they'll just use him to gain Orton some much needed credibility? I don't want HHH to be champion again either though, he's just too unassailable and too powerful already within the company. I'd like to see Orton victorious in a fued with Cena, then go on to fight someone like Kennedy or Hardy.

hehe the miz got eliminated by hornswoggle :dance::thumbup:

but seriously i'm glad cena won cos i can't stand randy orton i think he's a complete mong an i hope he gets his a** kicked at wrestlemania wheather it be cena or the winner of the elimination chambermatch at no way out.

I really enjoyed it. Most of the matches were pretty good and it was good to see the shoe on the other foot for JBL.

As for the Rumble the commentary was priceless, at times I swear they were doing their best not to giggle like schoolgirls. Biggest pops definately Supa Fly and Piper although Foley got a decent one. The chant during Khali's brief appearence had me in fits. As for Cena I wasn't surprised to see him back, I did say to look out for a surprise return at the RR in the Cena thread. :thumbup: Not so sure about the win though. As much as I love HHH as well I'm sorta glad he didn't win but it would have been good to see someone unexpected win. Like Kane for instance, or heck even Batista.

Loved the bit with HHH, HBK, Nature Boy and Batista, especially the shameless plug. Flair's face was a picture through the whole thing. And frankly whether Santino Marello can wrestle or not is mute, he is great comedy, just for the hair!