HAVE YOU NOTICED

monkeyking

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE HAS NOTICED BUT I THINK WWE HAS BECOME MORE POPULAR THEN EVER EVFER SINCE THE DRAFT PICK AND EVER SINCE VIKKI GUERRERO BECAME ASSISSTANT GENERAL MANAGER FOR SMACKDOWN....WHAT DO YOU THINK

Check the viewing figures for RAW and you will see the opposite has happened. You will always get a buzz after a draft due to new matches, but it seems to be the opposite.

It is also heavily rumoured that the appointment of Vicky Guerrero was unpopular in the locker room. The recent draft was orchastrated so that Booker Huffman (King Booker) was removed from Smackdown due to being a pain in the rear end. They have only kept Dave Batista, another unpopular wrestler with the Smackdown talent roster, because his real life friend Ric Flair has been drafted to Smackdown to "teach" him the proper way to act. The Smackdown locker room has been badly hit by the temporary loss of The Undertaker who basically controls the locker room with a rod of iron through complete respect. He is rumoured to me the most popular WWE roster member as he does not trow around the obvious political weight he has. This is backed up by the amount of jobbing he does to try and get over useless talent like Mark Henry...

To be honest i am finding the whole thing pretty boring and i have never had that feeling before, i fast forward most of raw as its boring and smackdown i havent watched in weeks. so i suppose my answer to wrestling better is no :smile:

Edited by vampess

To be honest i am finding the whole thing pretty boring and i have never had that feeling before, i fast forward most of raw as its boring and smackdown i havent watched in weeks. so i suppose my answer to wrestling better is no :smile:

I always tape the shows, even RAW live, and watch them later. I always check out what matches there are on the Net, and fast forward. I am finding the direction someonwhat disappointing in places. There is a lot of talent beign under used. They need to cut down on the PPVs and build up the feuds like they did in the old days of the Royal Rumble, Wrestle Mania, Summerslam and the Survivor Series being the PPVs. They need to take a step back, improve and the product will sell better.

• Moderators

It's not great, but it's far from bad either.

It's in a transitional period really - post Benoit/Mr McMahon storyline, they're basically carrying on as normal but having to fill in a lot of time that would've been put aside for that, so it's to be expected that nothing spectacular will be happening at the moment.

Their product is MAINLY focusing on in-ring product which is great as far as I'm concerned - you have to think that it's fairly soon after the draft too, so they're in even more of a transitional period. New feuds are starting, new gimmicks are developing, and I think they're doing fine.

Sure, there have been a fair few meaningless matches over the last few weeks but that's kinda just building up talent that were drafted, and introducing them to 'new' audiences. It's a wise move.

Vicki Guerrero as assistant GM is fine, as long as they don't go with her as actual GM I have no problem with it. I hope they don't go down the route of a Krystal heel turn on Long, and stealing his power or something. I've had enough of heel GMs really.

It's a case of being patient I think while all these different changes - whether deliberate or unforeseen - take place and they put the pieces back together.

Gone are the days of a decent heel general manager. Paul E was probably the best for a long time. With Jonathon Coachman in a tweener type roll now where he goes up against both heels and faces, it gives the potential for good matches. The WWE is lacking in headliners at the moment due to injuries, so the direction will change in the near future with the returns of HHH, Mysterio, Taker , HBK etc. In the meantime it is a chance for other guys like Edge, Kennedy and Lashley to shine.