Hello Everyone

Hi there!

So here I am! At last I managed to register although there is few features I cannot use apparently such as sending messages but hey!

What have I been doing so far... well just got back from Whitby Goth Week-End so just getting over the post Whitby blues ;) And hopefully now getting ready for WGW's October edition as well as Ring Con UK :smile:

Never been to a convention before so look forward to it although dreading the fact that it is going to take place in a hotel for the entire week-end near a major airport... not exactly the Shire :P

Anyway I am here now, I've got my tickets so I might as well start posting and get to know you guys ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

AwayWivZeFaries,.... It's me!

You remember?

Looking forward to meeting up with you.

Jo

:WAVE:

Hello Elwyn... how could I forget you.... forget my friends? :YAHOO:

I am so looking forward to celebrate again in a real Tolkien's spirit!!!! I bet you will have few fabulous costumes to showcase. Just can't wait to see your beautiful work my friend :P

Edited by AwayWivzeFaeries

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there!

So here I am! At last I managed to register although there is few features I cannot use apparently such as sending messages but hey!

What have I been doing so far... well just got back from Whitby Goth Week-End so just getting over the post Whitby blues ;) And hopefully now getting ready for WGW's October edition as well as Ring Con UK :YAHOO:

Never been to a convention before so look forward to it although dreading the fact that it is going to take place in a hotel for the entire week-end near a major airport... not exactly the Shire :P

Anyway I am here now, I've got my tickets so I might as well start posting and get to know you guys ;)

Whitby Goth Weekend - now that brings back memories. It's been a while since I attended that - memories of standing in the queue for the gents toilets looking at some of the costumes and thinking "How the **** are they going to manage to undo / remove that so they can actually use the facilities?" and then spotting the guy two or three behind me in the full set of medieval armor. And then there was going to the cemetary up on the cliff at 2am, then walking very slowly down those perilously steep and numerous steps, reaching the bottom to hear a rapid clip clop behind me, and turning to see a guy is high heels coming down like an express train, because once he picked up speed in those heels he couldn't risk trying to slow until he reached more level ground.

Welcome to the board. Just fyi - strictly speaking we don't normally allow mentioning non-Showmasters events by name on the forums, so I'll mention that before someone else does; in this case and it being Whitby, I'm not particularly bothered, but just wanted to let you know for future reference.

Stuart

Hi Stuart!

Thanks for your welcoming words :YAHOO:

Sorry about the "mentioning" of the northern Goth Rock Festival... It just did not occur to my mind as a rock festival is certainly not in the same league and style as a film fan convention and yet LOTR is certainly more than a film with all respect to Professor Tolkien. Also I am new to the world of "Fan Conventions" and the board so cheers for letting me know of those rules ;_)

Hope you'll manage to make Ring Con UK a very enjoyable experience not only for those who are mainly focused on actors and the film but those who are profoundly involved in the spiritual and intellectual movement that such a master piece of British literature has inspired ;-)

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world "

JRR Tolkien (1892-1973)

Thanks Stuart for dropping few words in this thread and keep on the good work ;_)

Edited by AwayWivzeFaeries