Win a Signed Stargate Script!

Rowan

I’m running a predict my time competition for the 26.2 mile Neolithic marathon, which I’ll be running in two weeks. I’ve been lucky enough to get hold of some fabulous prizes: the script is worth hundreds! (And there may be more coming…). Entries are only £2 each – the price of a raffle ticket!

Proceeds to the Stroke Association, registered charity 211015. Stroke is the UK’s third largest killer, and kills more women each year than breast cancer. As many as 40% of strokes could be prevented with present knowledge, so please help this excellent cause!

Details are at www.moonrising.biz/basics.htm or visit my justgiving page: www.justgiving.com/stroke100

Thank You and Good Luck!

Hi all! Less than a week to go to the closing date… so please don’t leave your entries to the last minute, as if there’s a rush I may not have time to process them all before I leave to do the marathon!

Where else could you get a Stargate script for £2 and help a great cause?

Anyone got any questions?

And please tell your friends!

Only a couple of days to go, and I'm very close to having enough entries to add a second prizewinner slot. That will mean more chance of winning for everyone who's entered, so please enter now if you haven't already!

Thank You and Good Luck!

Less than 24 hours to go! So I thought I’d post a little FAQ…

Q: Can I guess?

A: The competition is ‘predict my time’ rather than ‘guess my time’ for legal reasons. Basically if it was a guess, that would make it a lottery, which would mean some rules that would make it very difficult to run, such as only being able to run it in private or with the permission of local authorities… Basically, if you want to guess, rather than use the clues... Just don’t tell me! (And for those that do like clues, make sure you check out the latest news on my justgiving site… there will be no more!)

Q: How do I know the money will go to the Stroke Association?

A: I’m asking for cheques to be made out to them, and credit card payments will be made through a well know site which will pass the money direct to them, not me. If you get to the payment stage and you are not happy, just don’t pay.

Q: The way you are doing the prizes and prizewinner(s) isn’t like most competitions…

It’s a little complex, but it has advantages… by adding more prizewinner slots as more people enter, the theory is it will keep the odds good, and not risk giving away loads of prizes for hardly any entries. By giving a choice of prizes I avoid that horrible result where someone gets something that others think is really fabulous but personally they couldn’t care less about. And by doing a competition, rather than just selling the stuff, I maybe give someone who couldn’t afford to buy at a convention the chance to own something amazing (or buy for charity at another convention if they could afford it!). Complex, but I hope it makes things better. And I really am very close to adding another prizewinner slot…

Q: Is it still worth entering?

A: Yes! I know I said I might not be able to process a last minute rush, but that’s just an in case… really I think it’s unlikely there will be a problem, so get those entries in!

Q: How do I enter?

A: Go to www.moonrising.biz/basics.htm, or if you prefer, cheque out the latest news for clues at www.justgiving.com/stroke100, then follow the link from there. Thank You! And Good Luck…