How's today going?

Title says it all - I realise a lot of people will be at work etc and all the non-LOTR guests will not be there but are things any better today? Any of the comments from yesterday taken on board straight away - like organising the queueing better, informing people better about what's going on and limiting the number of items people can get signed etc?

I've just got back from my first round. There was still a huge amount of people for Elijah but it's all going very very smoothly. I managed to be 46 in line for Sean Astin this morning after joining the queue at 8am, have tickets in the 300's for Dom and Elijah so will be going back down later.

Definitely going very well I'd say, but then I didn't even try to go yesterday. :angry:

:angry:

Don't envy anyone that was there really early this morning, it's been freezing outside. But good to hear it seems to be going well.

I'm sure there'll still be some disappointments, that can't really be helped with such high profile people but I hope the rest of the day goes well and people are behaving themselves :D

I was lucky enough to be able to go on both Friday and Saturday to see the people I wanted to and glad I did as Saturday was busy enough. I knew Sunday would be mental but I thoroughly enjoyed myself though so I hope most people will take away good memories and experiences from today.

Hello Sugar Mouse. Thanks for the support on the 'apologies' issue.

No problem mate.

I'm not trying to say there weren't problems but from what I saw and read it looks like it was mostly down to communication (or lack of). Also I'd suggest that some of the helpers weren't exactly experienced in dealing with the public and not entirely familiar with the procedures - especially the younger ones.

There's another thread with some good constructive ideas in which I've contributed to. I think even just having a walkie-talkie system would have worked wonders so if someone didn't know what they were doing or had problems, they could ask someone instantly.

You need a central person who's in charge of the whole thing who has easy communication routes to everyone else - it was clear no such system was in place.

It's easy to be negative and overall I thought the system worked and I enjoyed myself. Yes, things need to be learned and improvements made but I'm pleased I had the opportunity to meet some people I never expected to be able to.