SM- proper time for tickets [Mon]

Hi

It doesnt matter what time they hand the tickets out you may not get one! If you get there at 9 and there are 1000 people in front of you you wont get one! It doesnt matter when they hand them out 6am or 9am there will still be the same amount of people in front of you.

My advice, you obviously dont have work, get there at 4 am and camp outside.

Actually, it does matter. If people turn up on-time or even late and find a queue that means they miss out, then so be it, they can understand and accept that. What they can't understand or accept is turning up early or on time at an event that cannot be booked in advance only to find that all the tickets were issued before the scheduled opening time. That is simply unforgiveable and leaves an awful lot of people with a very nasty taste in the mouth, not least the guests and their agents who will not take kindly to their fans being misled in that way. I can well imagine that it won't only be the customers who will want some assurances that the next event will be better organised than this one before committing themselves to it.

Its a free for all there are no ticket sales deal with it. Itr sounds harsh and there are lots of upset people, i was a bit upset when elijah was at 600 when i got there but i dealt with it. As for parents who expect to get these autographs DONT set your children up for it, that is cruel, when you say you will meet so and so, it's not there fault you got there late/didnt find the right q etc, just dont do it, you are to blame not the event staff.

So stop your whining (it's driving me mad!) Deal with it, it's a big event, big names and a weekend what do you expect?

As with anything there could be improvements but whining now wont change it, your just making me mad, like a mad cow ( i am, believe me).

All i can say is see you tomorrow in the elijah q at 6am, and if you cant make it, well. ;):angel:

As for parents who expect to get these autographs DONT set your children up for it, that is cruel, when you say you will meet so and so, it's not there fault you got there late/didnt find the right q etc, just dont do it, you are to blame not the event staff.

As a parent of a disappointed child who came away from C3 without Billy's autograph - we made a point of setting off earlier on Sunday morning for C4. We knew we would arrive at 9 a.m., one WHOLE hour before the event was to open. Yes I knew it was going to be a popular event and the crowds would be huge, but I DID NOT SET him up for it. I had already said he may not get all of the hobbits signatures, perhaps we would just have to be happy with one of them.

Then to find out all the ticket had gone after queuing for 50 minutes in Elijah's queue was beyond a joke.

For all of those idiots who suggest sleeping outside, no parent in their right mind would do that with children. No star is worth seeing that much. As an adult, I can accept when you don't always get what you want out of life, for a child that concept is still a little hard to understand.

He is still dreadfully upset, not helped by the fact that after a long drive home he found out his pet had died whilst we were at C4. And before people jump on the bandwaggon and respond to this, let me make it clear I do not blame Showmasters for the death of his hamster, I'm just annoyed by the lack of organisation on the day.

Hopefully, Showmasters will read the boards later in the week when they have a chance and will take the constructive critisism along with the obvious praises they are receiving from those lucky enough to have got what they wanted.

ya know i was thinking today about this hamster kid and i thought wow what a great opportunity for a kid to go with his mother to an event. Sorry to hear about the hamster, but I do have to say, that If you are anyway like you come across in the forum, it sounds like you are having a hard time dealing with life, so here's some help.

1. tell your child that sometimes life is unfair but you love them anyway

2. do not throw a big deal about meeting someone who has no influence on your child, Your the star to them.

3. Buy your child a new hamster and let them name it, makes it more fun for them, obvious but thought i would add it

4. quit taking your child to an event that you knew from the past was a big problem.

5. to ease the pain, have them write to the star that they did not get to see, i think actors are kind of great with kids.

6. thank god you have a child to be with, some people do not

7. STOP YOUR FRIGGIN BITCHIN

8. Look in the mirror and tell yourself your the parent(adult) here and can handle the situation instead of posting something to a forum and expect no one to reply to such a post

9. Your child will follow your example, so now i know where all the crappy people come from, they must have parents who make big deals about small things in life

10. and the most important thing of all, hug your child, and stop posting about the hamster already. whats the point?

Im sorry but this is getting OLD really fast :firedevil: