Overkill

Smaug

Title: Overkill

Rating: PG

Authors Note: Some criminals are just special... in their own special little way. Maybe this will become part of a series... who knows!!

Disclaimer: The shows CSI, CSI:NY and CSI:MIAMI, and their characters are the property of Alliance Atlantis Productions Inc. and CBS Broadcasting Inc. for the purposes of Copyright and other laws. I am in no way associated with them. No copyright infringement is intended or to be infered.

Dedication: My dad, who gave me the idea in the first place.

Words: 440

---

There are only two ways you can do something. The right way and the wrong way. Gil Grissom found though, that most people managed the latter more than the former. He shrugged, was there really a right way to kill some one?

Would that be a double negative? Doing the wrong thing the wrong way? So therefore was it really right? Gil was thinking this over, chewing absently on the ear piece of his glasses.

“Grissom, I was wondering if it- Grissom? Gil?… Earth to Gil?†Came a firm female voice. Gil blinked a few times and turned to look over at a pair of sharp blue eyes, a hardened face framed by blonde hair.

“Yes, Catherine?†Gil asked as if he hadn’t just been day dreaming.

“I was asking whether it would be wise moving the body at all?†Catherine motioned to their current investigation. Gil looked over at the body, feet and lower legs encased in concrete.

“We have to.†Gil said. Catherine gave him a withering look.

“Gil, have you failed to notice the block of concrete -currently- attached to the John Doe’s legs?†The sarcasm started dripping.

“Well, bring that along as well.â€

“We can’t! Not in the lab!â€

“It’s all evidence Catherine.†Gil shrugged. Slipping back into his thought he wondered why they left the body here. And why he had been shot and then encased in concrete.

Or was he wrong. He approached the body. Stepping slowly around it.

“Gil?†Catherine asked.

“Everything goes back to the lab.†Gil looked up and around the warehouse. “All the tools too. One of those made these marks. I want it matching.†He pointed at scuffing on the floor.

For the next couple of hours Gil and Catherine worked on the scene. All tools were bagged, a forklift brought in to move the body which turned out to be stuck to the floor fast.

Gil laughed and Catherine shot him another glance. Not like him to laugh at a scene. She raised her eyebrows in question.

“He’s stuck to the floor.†Gil pointed out. “He was put into the concrete and then killed.†He looked at Catherine, a grin firmly planted on his lips.

“You’re telling me we are looking for a couple of idiots? Mobsters gone wrong.â€

Gil nodded, “They realised their mistake when they tried moving him when the concrete set to the floor. So they just shot him and ran.†Gil pointed out the bullet wounds across the John Doe’s chest and then the one clear one in his forehead.

“Over kill.â€

“They obviously didn’t want him running for help.†Gil laughed at his own joke.