My trip to Scotland!

Seraphim

Dunno if anyone can help but in May I'm going up to Scotland in May with the soul purpose to visit as many HP filming locations there as possible. Does anyone know a good web-site or sumthing that can tell me whereabouts these locations are? Also if they do train journeys across the Glenfinnan Viaduct?

Thank you! :P

Hi. Ive visited Glencoe and the surrounding area many times to see the Harry Potter film sets. I found www.thesnitch.co.uk the best website to use for the sites to visit.

There is a train which goes across the viaduct but I believe it is only in the summer and is quite expensive! I settled for talking photos of the train going across the viaduct from the Glenfinnan station.

I rode on the train that goes across (in full HP regalia, eating bertie botts every flavour beans... how our carriage loved us!!) The train goes from Fort William to Mallaig, and it's a day trip for £25 return I think, and was spectacular!! I loved it!!

i saw one place up by scotland that HP was part filmed...

um... Alnwick Castle

i think its in scotland

if not its near scotland

943723[/snapback]

Alnwick Castle is in Northuberland but it was used as the set for Hogwarts during the first two movies.

um... Alnwick Castle

i think its in scotland

if not its near scotland

943723[/snapback]

Alnwick Castle is in Northuberland but it was used as the set for Hogwarts during the first two movies.

943786[/snapback]

thats near scotland isnt it??

i swear it is...

if not... i am so failing geography...

um... Alnwick Castle

i think its in scotland

if not its near scotland

943723[/snapback]

943786[/snapback]

thats near scotland isnt it??

i swear it is...

if not... i am so failing geography...

944439[/snapback]

Yeah, its just on the Scottish boarder!

"Alnwick Castle is situated 33 miles north of Newcastle-upon-Tyne and 80 miles south of Edinburgh" according to the website!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. Ive visited Glencoe and the surrounding area many times to see the Harry Potter film sets. I found www.thesnitch.co.uk the best website to use for the sites to visit.

There is a train which goes across the viaduct but I believe it is only in the summer and is quite expensive! I settled for talking photos of the train going across the viaduct from the Glenfinnan station.

938597[/snapback]

i've been to the viaduct, it was quiet and then all of a sudden loads of people turned up to watch the train cross the duct.

i've also been to the castle where they filmed it. it was a lovely place.