CALLING A LUNA's

ditz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newsround

Exclusive: Search for Luna starts 

The fourth Potter film isn't even in cinemas yet, but the production team is already looking for someone to play Luna Lovegood in the fifth movie.

Members of the casting department are currently visiting schools across the UK to try and cast the role of the strange fourth year Ravenclaw student.

Luna becomes friends with Harry in the fifth adventure despite her rather odd view on life in the wizarding world.

She's one of several new characters such as Professor Umbridge.

If your school isn't one of those being visited by the casting agents, don't worry.

Click here for pictures from the trailer

Aspiring Luna's can also send their details to this address.

Luna Lovegood Casting

c/o Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Leavesden Studios

PO Box 322

Hertfordshire

WD25 7XJ

You need to send a photo, your age and your contact details and please don't fax or phone the studios, only write.

They won't be able to reply to everyone, but they will contact anyone they're interested in auditioning for the part.

No open castings

A spokesperson for Warner Bros. has also told CBBC Newsround that there are no plans to hold open castings - they're castings where anyone can turn up - for the part of Luna Lovegood.

"We don't automatically do open casting calls," she told us. "We only do them when it's particularly challenging to find the correct person for a particular part."

That's why open casting sessions were only held for the Patil twins, and for Cho Chang when casting Goblet of Fire. It was difficult finding young actresses with the right appearance through casting agencies or schools.

Luna must live in UK

The part of Luna Lovegood is only open to girls who live in the UK, so the production team won't look at anyone from outside Britain, no matter how good your accent is!

Filming of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is scheduled to start at the beginning of 2006.

well i have just been on mugglenet and they have annonced that they're looking for a luna loovegood!

check it out at www.mugglenet.com

heres hopin that sumone gets it!

gud luck

huggles

873749[/snapback]

lol yeh hehe sent you an email bout that. Looks like you allready read it :D

Members of the casting department are currently visiting schools across the UK to try and cast the role of the strange fourth year Ravenclaw student.

If your school isn't one of those being visited by the casting agents, don't worry.

----

how are you supposed to know if they're visiting your school or not? :D

Edited by Angel_Of_Music

Hmm... dunno if i look anthing like Luna tho

874313[/snapback]

u better bloody go for it!

you are sooooo totally like luna!

you no you are and so does everyone who no's you!

just send off ur details and even if they come to ur school u've got an advantage then!

*huggles*

yeah you both got good points. I need a pic taken though. I look awful in my latest school shot. :( look like a mug  :D

874332[/snapback]

well get one done and posted special delivery (guarenteed b4 noon next day delivery) and you have a phone and ref number to check if it's been signed for!

*huggles*

yeah you both got good points. I need a pic taken though. I look awful in my latest school shot. :D look like a mug  :D

874332[/snapback]

well get one done and posted special delivery (guarenteed b4 noon next day delivery) and you have a phone and ref number to check if it's been signed for!

*huggles*

874336[/snapback]

:D

*hug*

being as i havent the time right now can anyobne give me a basic decription of luna? i cant reemer precisely what she looks like, particularly as ive made up my own image of her which ive probably given other qualitites not necessarily noted in the book, if that makes sense. Im probably too old to play her, shes meant to be about 14 isnt she?

being as i havent the time right now can anyobne give me a basic decription of luna? i cant reemer precisely what she looks like, particularly as ive made up my own image of her which ive probably given other qualitites not necessarily noted in the book, if that makes sense.  Im probably too old to play her, shes meant to be about 14 isnt she?

874879[/snapback]

um i think she's got big round eyes. Long straggely dishwater blond hair

and yeh she is. And im almost 14. I figured when they start fliming i'd actually be in the same year as Luna. Cool! but, my hair is like way too blond too pass as Luna's. Meh! im a bit coo-coo like her tho :lol: thats why my nicknames Luna :P

being as i havent the time right now can anyobne give me a basic decription of luna? i cant reemer precisely what she looks like, particularly as ive made up my own image of her which ive probably given other qualitites not necessarily noted in the book, if that makes sense.  Im probably too old to play her, shes meant to be about 14 isnt she?

874879[/snapback]

and yeh she is. And im almost 14. I figured when they start fliming i'd actually be in the same year as Luna. Cool! but, my hair is like way too blond too pass as Luna's. Meh! im a bit coo-coo like her tho :P thats why my nicknames Luna :gorgeous:

874944[/snapback]

dern tootin luna!

and ur hairs quiet good for luna!

i'm being dumb, what is luna supposed to look like?:o

Edit: I just found my book and read her decription, I cant be luna coz I have brown haid *sobs*

Edited by nomi-noo

874879[/snapback]

and yeh she is. And im almost 14. I figured when they start fliming i'd actually be in the same year as Luna. Cool! but, my hair is like way too blond too pass as Luna's. Meh! im a bit coo-coo like her tho :D thats why my nicknames Luna :blush:

874944[/snapback]

dern tootin luna!

and ur hairs quiet good for luna!

875694[/snapback]

have you seen my hair ;)

oh wait... yeh! course ya hav :o

ooo im excited i hope its one of ma schools and also i go drama school (stagecoach) so they might if not im gonna still send ma photo in. i mean i have dark hair but willing to dye it or wear  wig. i would love it if i got it.... dare to dream eh  :blush:

875997[/snapback]

lol haha yeah same as

*dreams on*

ooo im excited i hope its one of ma schools and also i go drama school (stagecoach) so they might if not im gonna still send ma photo in. i mean i have dark hair but willing to dye it or wear  wig. i would love it if i got it.... dare to dream eh  :blush:

875997[/snapback]

lol haha yeah same as

*dreams on*

876980[/snapback]

i wish theyd give out a list of schools they were going to. i mean i go to a girls school but maybe not.

off topic dont u just ahte it when people dont txt u back? its so irritating!!

back to luna i dont think i look like her in anywa. i imagine her to be really small and stick like - actually... my cousin would fit perfectly