What did the dealers think?

As I posted in another thread, I had a great time this weekend, meeting some very nice people etc, as someone with a stall however, I had a disappointing weekend.

I was reading the 'what did you think' thread and many people pointed out that dealers sell similar things, not much variety...I have to agree with you, many of our stalls did get repetitive and from a fan and sellers point of view, this was way down the list of successful events, not just the SM ones!

I was wondering what we could do to improve our selection of bits? Thing is, if SM are getting, for example, Buffy, Dr.Who, LOTR etc guests, dealers will bring things to interest fans of these, as they are going to be there. I try very hard to offer a mixture of things (and this is just a hobby for me) from having a £1 box of figures (mainly so the children can buy things) to Star Trek figures, mags, books, plates etc...and being a huge Buffy, Prisoner, Trek fan etc I love chatting about these things.

Saying this, i managed to find quite a few bits to buy from other stalls such as the Sword of Angelus from Buffy season 2 and the slayers stake.

I think SM need to offer much more in way of entertainment to engage and interest all of us, including dealers. I read that many found seating an issue, i was on my chair far too much!!!!!not having much to do!

Great to meet Charisma and John, and I agree with points made about the photos, the only really nice ones were Vals Batman ones...not much point though...

I do find much on offer to be 'pricey' but things are worth only what someone is willing to pay for them...matter of choice I suppose.

And, my girlfriend and i were very lucky to be in the middle of some really nice people, making the event go with a swing (and a lot of alcohol).

Anyway, what did the other dealers think? Anyone else got an opinion?

Oh, and it was good to catch up with Teroknor34, who we met at the last another show! Hope you all had a good time...

The venue is a substantial improvement over Wembley, largely because it appears to have been designed within the last Century...

Entry fee is perfectly gauged, if only other Organisers would take heed, Schhh.... you know who you are.

Guest line-up, varied and adequate, something for everyone (Alas, no J C Van Damme)

Many Thanks Showmasters, you did us proud, we had a stonkin' weekend. Proportionately measured, as successful, if not more so than any Collectormania!! It pays to be diverse, offering a wider range satisfies the punters and equally our bean counters.

It's abundantly clear, it's impossible to please everyone; Venue, catering, Guests, Costs/entry fee etc.

It's up to individual dealers to make the best of any situation

We're alright Jack..... Thanks Showmasters

As a dealer with quite a few tables I must say that we had a cracking show (we are the sword stall with the black stand and silver lettering).

I found this show had more people through the door from the very beginning and it seemed to be sustained through out the day. I don't know if it's because of the items we sell but we always seemed to be busy and always had a great collection of people in and out of costume to talk to.

I can honestly say that we are all looking forward to coming back next year and from our point of view it is a pity that they are not doing another London show around Christmas.

Karl