LOTR talk

Can I plead with Showmasters never to use Easy Cinema for a talk again. I know it wasn't your fault that the venue was terrible but I'd like to point out a few of the problems:

1) the lighting .......... absolutely pants. :D

2) the fact that the seating isn't raked (?) enough for people to see near the front, especially as Lawrence, Kiran, Sean and John were sitting down

3) if they're sitting down, it would've been fine had they been on the stage

Guess I was spoilt last year (which was my first talk) as it was at the theatre, which meant miles better lighting (to the point where flash photography wasn't needed at all) and that they were raised up on a stage so everyone could see them.

Please assure us that you won't use Easy Cinema again unless the lighting is sorted and the people at the front who we're all there to see are sitting on a raised platform

It's such as shame because the talk itself was fun and a good laugh, just spoilt by the fact the photos taken were terrible.

Heh heh...so do I...I was the one who stood up and asked for him to tell us :huh:

Have to agree about the venue though. It was a shame the lighting was so poor, and I could barely see most of the time because I couldn't see past the people in front of me. It would be better if the guests were slightly elevated. I felt sorry for the poor people at the back who must have had a real hard time trying to see...but, I enjoyed the talk, although I wish Sean would have let someone else get a word in once in a while.

I agree with you guys.. the talk was great but I wasn't that impressed with the venue. I know my photos will be pants, and we couldn't see very easily as we were about 5 rows from the back. The talks at film con were much better in as far as where they were held.

Also, a few minutes longer would have been good ;) I would've paid a bit extra for the tickets for it to have been longer. Say £20 for an hour and a half talk or something? I know the guests would have had long days and been tired, but I'm pretty sure JRD and Sean could have nattered on a bit longer yesterday :D

And is it just me or did Sean seem a little bit hyper? lol, twas fab :unsure:

yep lighting was pants and at times you couldnt see the guests faces! ;)

Sean was great esp when he waa introduced and walked down the side to the front and carried on and walked around the whole cinema and was introduce 4 for a 2nd time lol :unsure:

great talk though and THANKS SM FOR LETTING US KEEP THE TICKETS :D;)