Stormtrooper Armour

thepurplehoodedwarrior

I'm currently in the process of putting my armour together and was wondering if anyone has any advice on putting it together to a high standard and once put together the best way to get into trooping at events.

Any help and advice will be really appreciated.

Stu :vader:

If you could clarify "putting together" for me I could be more helpful.

If you mean buying then I recommend Shepperton Design Studios.

It is not cheap, but by far the superlative product on the market.

You may have to be quick as Mr Lucas is currently engaged in legal action against the company.

Probably because it is superior than the Lucasfilm licensed versions available.

If however you are making your own armour the 501st UK garrison is a very good place to start

Their website has lots of tips and members are very helpful.

They are not the only costume group, but I have encountered them many, many times and the costumes always look fantastic.

They can also help with events for you to participate in and also make a lot of money for charity!

I'm currently in the process of putting my armour together and was wondering if anyone has any advice on putting it together to a high standard and once put together the best way to get into trooping at events.

Any help and advice will be really appreciated.

Stu :vader:

If you could clarify "putting together" for me I could be more helpful.

If you mean buying then I recommend Shepperton Design Studios.

It is not cheap, but by far the superlative product on the market.

You may have to be quick as Mr Lucas is currently engaged in legal action against the company.

Probably because it is superior than the Lucasfilm licensed versions available.

If however you are making your own armour the 501st UK garrison is a very good place to start

Their website has lots of tips and members are very helpful.

They are not the only costume group, but I have encountered them many, many times and the costumes always look fantastic.

They can also help with events for you to participate in and also make a lot of money for charity!

thanks, i meant i bought an fx kit but have just started assembly i.e rivets and glue etc. I heard your costume has to meet a very high standard etc to meet thier approval etc.

• 3 weeks later...

As a rule of thumb, they expect your costume to be good enough to be in a film!

There are other groups with lower criteria but aim high and even if you dont succeed.......

Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of putting a stormtrooper costume together, the site I mentioned has loads of help/tips.

Do please post pics when it's finished.

Oh and may I offer my congratulations on your impending arrival!

As a rule of thumb, they expect your costume to be good enough to be in a film!

There are other groups with lower criteria but aim high and even if you dont succeed.......

Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of putting a stormtrooper costume together, the site I mentioned has loads of help/tips.

Do please post pics when it's finished.

Oh and may I offer my congratulations on your impending arrival!

Thanks, for the reply I found a good site (Dagobah swamp) that's been helpfull. I'll try and put photos of it on here when done if not they'll be on my site (http://thepurplehoodedwarrior.tripod.com).

Thanks for the congratulations I should find out in 3 weeks if it's a luke or leia!