Thank You To Showmasters

Well, yesterday was my first Con, and I have to say - once I was in - it was a real treat.

The queuing first thing, yes, was a little unorganised - nobody really knew where to queue, and it's clearly something that should be focused on in later Cons, but there's no reason to start entire threads, because I got in fine, and everyone who purchased before the event did too.

Went along to the Sherlocked talk, and was lucky enough to not only get 3rd row, but also be chosen to have a signing and chat with Sue Vertue - bloody lovely lady, hope you can get the team in again so I can have my DVD signed by Mark and Steven too. Talking of Steven, again, lucky enough to meet him out in the main hall and have a slightly awkward chat with him...gobsmacked to meet my favourite writer. I did see someone take a photo of me and him talking...if anyone can find that, that'd be amazing. I saw most of the guests at their tables talking and smiling - Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse, Jemma Redgrave, Paul McGann, Bernard Cribbins and more - and had a 10 minute chat with the less popular but still amazing guest Aidan Cook...for anyone who doesn't know he plays the Zygons, Cybermen, Granfather, the creature in Hide etc. And so far, I hadn't spent a penny.

Everyone I met, staff and attendees, were all keen to talk and help out - there was one particular woman who I spoke to, staff member, who I'd love to give thanks to if I knew who she was. Same to a woman who queued with me for the Sherlocked talk. Gave me all the help they could :)

Stall browsing, Doctor Who talk, bumping into a few faces at tables and around the hall too...before finally meeting the one person I'd come to Comic Con for, Jenna Coleman. Although she was ill, as I went up to leave, she grabbed my hands and apologised for being unwell and all that, bless her, before a staff member told me to leave. It was real nice to have a chat with her, I'm so happy with how she reacted too :)

All in all, I want to say thank you to Showmasters for putting this event on. All you people slagging them off in this forum really don't help, and I think you should understand how difficult it is to put on an event like this, and keep EVERYONE happy, especially with in demand guests Stan, Ian, and Carrie. They've organised guests, the venue, the staff, the tickets, the queuing systems, all the help in place, the schedules so everyone can mainly get to what they want to do...a lot is involved.

Thanks for the event guys, couldn't have gone better for me - other then it was hot and crowded ;) Will be sure to try make it to one of the upcoming events - for sure if Jenna is announced again, as I'd like to see her when she's not so tired.

It was our first one also. Took about an hour to get in but that was mainly down to us walking aimlessly around the building trying to find the end of the queue. People didn't seem to notice but there was a much shorter queue by the transformers cars. Yes it was hot inside but it was hot outside with our breeze so couldn't be helped. It got busy by comic stalls but found plenty of space after walking past. We had no problems all day and the staff were fantastic even letting us see George romero before his break even though wasn't quite our number yet. All on all fantastic day me some heroes n Brough some fab goodies

• Like 1