FANFICTION COMPETITION ENTRY

louisesuperstar

Her long brown hair spread out over the pillow like the halo, the bright white surgical lights illuminating her skin so it looked like a white rose petal- and just as delicate. Even while her skin was slick with sweat and her muscles were tight with strain of holding her obvious pain in, she looked beautiful, radiant even; my angelic, dazzling Bella.

“Bella?†I kept talking to her; in fact I did not stop talking to her. I begged and pleaded with her everyday to give me a sign. Now I was just praying for her to live through the next day, she had to be so difficult, so stubborn and try to suffer without me.

smash The window directly to my right vaporised into diamante dust, sparkling in a way that my skin could never look as pure and innocent. The glass did nothing wrong; it was me, it was me and my monstrous selfish soul that killed her. I swiftly swept away from her side till my back was against the wall because the next thing I break might be Bella. I was trapped between keeping what I love alive and holding it close to me.

‘Esme is going to kill you.†Alice sang lightly as she entered the room, smiling lightly until she saw my haggard face. “Well she is.†She mumbled, she flitted her way across to Bella and brushed a piece of hair off her beautiful face.

“Don’t touch her!†I shouted, grabbing Alice’s arm and pulling it away from her. Anything to protect her- she could be broken so easily.

-----------

My hands pushed Jacobs hands out of the way- the incompetent pup. I started to compress her chest, pushing the thickening blood around her delicate body. Her rib broke under my compressions, shocking me to a statue for a few brief seconds before I started again. I could feel eyes filmed over with tears which refused to shed. My dead heart felt like it was being squeezed tightly; it hurt so much to think she was dying. I thought the pain of going to the volturi- knowing she was dead- was unbearable but this was so much worse because something I did was directly killing her- she did not want to die but it was my entire fault that I was losing her.

“BELLA!†I bellowed. Screaming her name as loud as I could, I was determined for her to hear me. “BELLA, DON’T LEAVE ME! YOU CAN’T!†She couldn’t, she wouldn’t. I hadn’t had a chance to show her the never-ending love I had for her; I refuse to let her go. Her life was like an insubstantial flame of a candle and if she died, then I would die too.

Louise Elliott