C14 Cosplay NEWS

Ladyd

Thanks for that. Are the changing booths being set up again?

Will it be just sufficient to hand over a photo on the day of registration, or will I still have to send one via email?

Is there an email address to send the photo to?

If not, how do I put my picture on the Cosplay site?

And, where do I go to look at the photos to make my vote?

Its all a lot more complicated than setting up at Milton Keynes don't you think?

Considering the huge amount of room at the mall, and that Cosplay doesn't really take up that much room, I'm sure some space could have been allocated.

Due to the space being allowed to us by the venue ,there are not going to be any changing booths, this is a down side, however when i used to be an attendie (still am occationally) i was fine getting changed in the toilets, they atleast had space, big mirrors and good lighting.

when you come to me in costume, i will take a picture of you with my camera, i will upload them on to the costumes and cosplay area after the weekend (when i have internet access).

MK is complicated but i personally think due to the venue and minimising a fire risk by NOT blocking a corridor, it's better like this and keep the masquerade for the hired halls only.

In all honesty, and from past experience of MK costume contests, I don't see this as a bad thing. There really isn't an adequate space in the Centre to put on what the cosplay team want to do. I've been involved in previous contests in MK and they've not worked for me at all. *Ladyd, that was before you were involved.*

Steph x

True, the side isles are a fire risk if they're both full of people, one side has to be kept clear for people to move out towards the fire doors.

i do try to keep everyone happy but sometimes you have to make do with what you can and still put a smile on your face....even if i have to poste the prizes out to you guys lol.

Hmmmm, still not enough information posted about it.

And if I didn't get what you had to do...

At the end of the day the cosplay booth does take up a lot of space. Especially if it's put in a place with a lot of foot traffic.

In my mind the cosplay didn't work at any CMs. Dressing up and walking around was fine, having all the booths, tables, platforms and stages just didn't work.

It's much better at bigger events that aren't put on in a public place where there is already a stage and space already made avaliable.

You can put on the best show but if it's not in the right place what's the point.

basically you just gotta come find me, i'll take a picture of you and i'll also take your e-mail address so i can get intouch with you if you win. sometimes i may even come up to you with my clip board and camera if i'm wandering.

i totally agree with the last 3 paragraphs hu.

Unfortunatly, I can't make it. Mess up with my housing benefit means that I'll have to put all avalible money towards the house. My brother is going and would love to judge in my place.

no worries hun, if it's done over e-mail you don't NEED to be at the venue, you just need internet access to your indox.

Well thats a complete and utter bummer. Am I right in thinking that you don't have to attend you can just email a picture of someone who is apparently you in a costume? I'm a bit confused. I'm greatful that someone is trying to make a contest happen, but what are the actual prizes, and as someone said earlier in the thread, its just a case of who has the most friends, or has time to create a billion different emails for the most votes to win?

Wouldn't it be much more sensible to take photo's of everyone tomorrow put up a picture on the wall then get the passing public to place a token by the photo of who they want to win? I think there must be alot more to this then fire escape as weather permittin it could be held outside in the fountain area ect.

Well thats a complete and utter bummer. Am I right in thinking that you don't have to attend you can just email a picture of someone who is apparently you in a costume? I'm a bit confused. I'm greatful that someone is trying to make a contest happen, but what are the actual prizes, and as someone said earlier in the thread, its just a case of who has the most friends, or has time to create a billion different emails for the most votes to win?

Wouldn't it be much more sensible to take photo's of everyone tomorrow put up a picture on the wall then get the passing public to place a token by the photo of who they want to win? I think there must be alot more to this then fire escape as weather permittin it could be held outside in the fountain area ect.

please read my posts more carefully, the event is now over but as i said many times, you come to me on the day IN COSTUME, you sign up IN COSTUME, i take a photo of YOU with my camera and take your details, i post the pictures online once i'm finished with them for people to vote for the Audience Fav (those who applied will be notified whent he post goes up), the normal judging is done over e-mail with actual judges. Prizes dipend on what i'm given on the day by the traders who sponsor us, it's never the same thing except for the certificate.

Showmasters have also found it better to give £25 autograph voucher for any showmasters show rather than cash esspesially when your posting it.

a post will go up at the end of the week in this forum with pictures of all who applied on saturday for the cosplay competition, you will have 5 days to vote, i will place the results online and also e-mail everyone who attended the competition so they know who won and who didn't

i cannot say it any simpler than that.

unfortunately, i cannot print out pictures from my camera on the day and get them put on a wall for passers by to vote, it's not going to happen, it sounds simple but it's actually a lot more complicated.

Edited by Ladyd