question concerning cosplay

lil_aber_lisa

hi

i was wondering, i have read what cosplay means and such so would for example, velma from scooby doo be cosplay/costume for a competition?

Lil_aber_lisa

Yes thats fine as long as you didnt buy the outfit straight off the rack like you can with supergirl outfits from fancy dress shops.

Cosplay isn't just for Manga, i remember a group once comeing as the scooby gange in a cardboard painted mystery machine with scooby in the window lol, and they came 1st and scantilly clad womencame 2nd lol.

done forget to produce a picture reference for the judges to compare.

hi

i was wondering, i have read what cosplay means and such so would for example, velma from scooby doo be cosplay/costume for a competition?

Lil_aber_lisa

Yes thats fine as long as you didnt buy the outfit straight off the rack like you can with supergirl outfits from fancy dress shops.

Cosplay isn't just for Manga, i remember a group once comeing as the scooby gange in a cardboard painted mystery machine with scooby in the window lol, and they came 1st and scantilly clad womencame 2nd lol.

done forget to produce a picture reference for the judges to compare.

Thankyou, no its not a costume straight from a shop, i managed to find everything on ebay lol,

sounds cool, thankyou