latest Guest Announcement - CHUCK WAGNER

An absolutely fantastic guest. Automan was a great show, and is one of the few 80's classics still needing a DVD release.

If we can have a photo session, preferably with him in costume and the blue dots added in post-production!

Edited by Zagreus

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I just screamed so loud, frightened the dog and he ran upstairs to my hubby who wondered what the heck was going on.... Think I have just died.......

I LOVED this show and had such a crush on him

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PHOTOSHOOT AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.....Although somebody might have to hold me up after I faint......

Thank you for making my life showmasters... first Scott Bakula then Chuck Wagner you have made me sooooooooooooo happy xxxxxxx

I thought it was in a similar slot to Airwolf, A-Team etc.

Saturday afternoon, definitely..

Yep definately BBC1 Sat around 5pm and they showed it on Bravo a few years back too

Edited by kaspa44

Chuck Wagner was the first autograph that I ever got about 25 years ago.

Depending on your definition, this is not his 1st world signing, as I got my autograph in person when he was doing publicity for Automan and signing copies of the paperback. That was, in all places, WH Smiths in Bromley!

And just to clear things up, it used to be on at about 5:30 on BBC1, basically after the football results on Saturdays. I remember this as I was an Automan fan and my brother used to like the show on Thames/channel 3/ITV called Whiz Kids which was on at about the same time. I believe in total there was 13 episodes and that DVD cover above is a homemade one as its never been released on DVD and very unlikely to either.

Edited by Fry

so its his 1st none book world singing

i am glad thats sorted :P

jason :D

:D

I am just glad you have got him have been a fan for so long but he only really does muscial theatre in America now and not had a chance to go and see him in anything...... I am not a stalker honest :smile:

Do you know at this stage what days he will be attending or is it too early to say?

I really hope his photoshoot (please let there be one) is on Sunday as we can only really attend one day and my hubby wants a photo with Carter Wong.....

Kaspa

xxx

Brilliant guest.

My first job was working at a big toy shop in Leicester, and he did an appearance there in 1984 to promote the launch of the Automan action figures.

He was great to meet, really nice guy.

Must have been during the same UK visit that he visited Bromley as mentioned above. I think he did an appearance in Coventry on that trip too.

Years later I looked him up online and saw that he mainly does musical theatre in US now, and wondered if we'd ever get him as a guest. Great that we have him now.

Hope he does a photo shoot and a talk.

I'd really like to see Glen A Larson back as a guest too.

Awesome! Wonder if he will sign using 'cursor'...

What channel was it on in the UK? I'm too familar with films and kids shows from the early 80s, not to mention Airwolf and the like, yet somehow have never heard of that one.
Does this help jog your memory?

An absolutely fantastic guest. Automan was a great show, and is one of the few 80's classics still needing a DVD release.

If we can have a photo session, preferably with him in costume and the blue dots added in post-production!

Agreed about the DVD, and the photoshoot! Also need the car.

Agreed about the DVD, and the photoshoot! Also need the car.

The bootleg DVDs are quite easy to get hold of, and are taken from the BRAVO repeats a few years back. Not the best of quality, but it keeps me going till the day the official release comes.