Poster advice

I just brought this poster image.jpg1_zpszgspej03.jpg

Hopefully that uploads but I'm just after some advice I've never got a poster signed before its I think a1 size :) so just wondering how you guys transport them and what do you do once it's been signed I don't wanna risk smudging the signature well that's if I get Rons auto without a diamond pass anyway :)

Thanks

I bring mine in the cardboard tube it arrived in, which is pretty much indestructible, that I carry around London and conventions with a vice-like grip so ain't nobody going to grab it from me.

And once it's been signed, I blow on the ink then put it back in the tube....

• Like 1

I have always used poster tubes. All you have to be careful of is when you roll it up to put it away, pause for a couple of minutes before you do to make sure the signature is completely dry and depending on which way it is rolled (picture inside the roll or outside - most I've found are usually rolled with the picture outside) I make sure the poster is rolled so that the signature is on an inner roll so it's not touching the poster tube just on the off chance it might get rubbed off. This would only be an issue if you get it signed on either the top or bottom edge.

Hope that made sense.

I bring mine in the cardboard tube it arrived in, which is pretty much indestructible, that I carry around London and conventions with a vice-like grip so ain't nobody going to grab it from me.

And once it's been signed, I blow on the ink then put it back in the tube....

Didn't think about the tube it arrives in that's a great idea :)

I have always used poster tubes. All you have to be careful of is when you roll it up to put it away, pause for a couple of minutes before you do to make sure the signature is completely dry and depending on which way it is rolled (picture inside the roll or outside - most I've found are usually rolled with the picture outside) I make sure the poster is rolled so that the signature is on an inner roll so it's not touching the poster tube just on the off chance it might get rubbed off. This would only be an issue if you get it signed on either the top or bottom edge.

Hope that made sense.

Yeah that makes sense :) I'll probably get it signed next to the reaper logo tbh :)

Indeed, I usually make sure I've got a bag big enough I can carry it in even though it sticks out as I've usually got one on me for the 8x10 folder I carry as well.

61B7JkUCSpL._SL1500_.jpg

I've been this kind of thing as well most recently and you can put a poster tube inside as well as long as it fits.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Only thing with using the tube it came in is that they don't tend to have a strap on them so you can't throw it over your shoulder. Actaully having to carry it all day could be a real pain, especially with a tube for an A1 poster.

I'll just pop in in my backpack and do the zip up as far as it'll go with tube sticking out top or something I'll figure it out thanks for the advice though :)

• Like 1

I have a poster tube with strap i got from amazon i think was about £11 and its been all over the country to countless showmasters events and i swear by it because i prefer getting posters signed... also i love that SOA picture you have got ive got one i found in Smiths but i think i prefer yours haha

• Like 1

I have a poster tube with strap i got from amazon i think was about £11 and its been all over the country to countless showmasters events and i swear by it because i prefer getting posters signed... also i love that SOA picture you have got ive got one i found in Smiths but i think i prefer yours haha

Ahh I'll look into that :) I brought it from gbeye poster shop online was only £6.50 delivered :)