Some important show information all attendees please read

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hello everyone

As i have had so many phone enquires about the following subjects i would like to make clear a few points.

FREE AUTOGRAPH WITH VIP AND WEEKEND PASSES

This is one of our guest signers which we choose. It will not be Buzz or any other astronaut. You get one free autograph with these passes not one each day.

GALA DINNER TICKETS

If you have opted for a standard dinner ticket and not a VIP pass, please remember all the VIP passes will be seated first.

This means you realistically do not have the chance to be seated with an astronaut on a standard dinner ticket.

I will make every effort to seat you with one of your chosen guests but cannot guarantee it this year as i have a full house of VIP pass holders.

PARKING

We have a special rate at the Rad of £5 per day

HOTEL SPECIAL RATE

This will very soon be finishing so get in quick if you want to stay at the show hotel

That's it for now if any of you have any questions that are not covered i will try and post them here all in one place.

Dave Phillips

Would it be possible for the free autograph to be made clear either before the event, or on a voucher given with the weekend pass or something? I had asked about it before the last event and nothing was really said, and at the event itself I had a lot of difficulty finding out who it was even from the reg desk. Kind of felt like I was the only person asking about it

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know the best way of getting to the venue via public transportation? The hotel website offers a number of options but it is not clear if all are available to people not staying at the hotel (such as the free 'hopper' bus service).

Which terminal stop on the underground is the closest (it states 1,2 and 3 but one must be closer than the others)?

Is it within walking distance or is this really not an option?

Is the free bus service available to the public?

Thanks in advance :)

I can't remember all the details but if memory serves you have to pay for the hotel hopper buses but anyone can use them even if you aren't staying at the hotel. Unless things have changed all the public buses within the Heathrow area are free, they go from the central bus station and there are a couple of stops either side of the hotel. Again you don't have to be flying anywhere or staying at the hotel to use these.

I think the bus station is at terminal 1 but I could be wrong there.

• Moderators

The reason it states Terminal 1,2,3 as the closest is that those terminals SHARE a single underground stop. That stop is also the one where the main central bus station is where the buses listed above leave from.

• Like 1

Read here

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_central_london.htm

and here

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_local_buses.htm

Do not get the hoppa bus. Get the FREE buses from the central bus station at Heathrow - 105, 111, 140 amongst others. You know when you're getting close to the Radisson when a McDonalds comes into view.

Also, when leaving the hotel to go back, obviously the bus stop is across the road but it's not the one directly opposite the hotel, you have to walk down a bit.

And yes it is does feel a bit weird, just walking onto a bus and not paying :)

Cheers

• Like 1

Maybe a silly question but how does one take advantage of the special £5 car parking charge? I will be staying at a Premier Inn down the road on the Saturday night.

Last time you had to pay at reception and specifically mention you attended the event. Do not pay at the machine.

• Like 1