Latest Event Announcement - Torchwood Tour Sunday

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Due to such High demand we have now added a 2nd Torchwood Tour at Cardiff Film and Comic con. This will now take place on Sunday 1st September with host Kai Owen at 4:00pm and last around 2 hours.

Tickets will go on sale tomorrow (Thursday 15th August) at 8pm so do not miss out

This will be a unique experience as the tours compere will be none other than our good friend Kai Owen.

You all know Kai as Gwen's devoted husband Rhys Williams in the show. Kai is a popular regular guest to both our Showmasters shows and also the Massive Events “The Hub”. He is an entertaining guest and just a great guy to take you on the tour.

The first part of the tour will begin on an Executive coach where you can enjoy a beer while Kai points out key locations around the beautiful Welsh Capital city, such as:

* The Castle where Gwen watches the meteors land on Cardiff, also a key site in many Dr Who episodes.

* The warehouse where Rhys takes a bullet saving Gwen and the alien in “Meat”

* The beautiful Pier Tosh and Tommy walk along in “To the Last man”

* The bus will drive through the streets used in key scenes, for example where Gwen ran through after Jack drugged her with Retcon in “Everything Changes”

And many more!

The second part of the tour is centered around the all-important “The Hub”- at Cardiff’s vibrant waterfront - Mermaid Quay in Cardiff Bay.

Have a professional photograph taken with Kai on the secret entrance to Torchwood at the famous water tower. Your 6x9 prints of your photo op with Kai will even be ready for you once the tour has finished.

You can then walk around the most famous locations seen in Torchwood, such as:

* The tourist Information center – now a permanent shrine to Ianto Jones.

* Roald Dahl Plass, where Martha Jones says goodbye to the Torchwood team in “Reset”.

* Sit on the actual steps of the Senedd Building to recreate the poignant scene where Rhys, with his strapped up arm after taking the bullet, chats to Gwen about how his life has changed now that he knows about aliens in “Meat”.

* Walk along the waterfront – many many scenes were set there, including Owen diving off into the water in “A Day in the Death”

* Visit the Pizza Place Gwen buys from as her cover story to get into Torchwood for the first time.

We have many more locations for you to visit at Mermaid Quay.

The Tour will start at 4pm on Sunday and will last approximately 2 hours. Pick up and Drop off will be at the Motorpoint Arena

The cost for all of this will be £29.99 Per Person.

Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to spend the evening chatting with Kai about all things Torchwood.

we will have a small suitcase with us, would it be possible to bring this with us as we will be heading home straight after the tour? Thank you for announcing the tickets before they go on sale, and for the late sale time so that people who work can have a fair chance at getting them

Edited by Smidge

I am going to hide this discussion, as it is a lot for people to read through, and has no real bearing on the Tour itself.

As has been mentioned, something can only be announced at one point in time, some people will be lucky, some will lose out. Showmasters listened and have put on a second tour and given notice when the tickets will go on sale, so that hopefully those that missed out the first time can have another opportunity.

Can we please leave it there as the guests do read their announcement topic, and a guest is involved in this too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - we have tickets for the tour, but not to the show itself, as I assumed we wouldn't need access to the show in order to go on the tour. However I just thought I should check that that's the case? We'll be able to get to the pick up point without buying tickets to the main show? Thanks.

Hi - we have tickets for the tour, but not to the show itself, as I assumed we wouldn't need access to the show in order to go on the tour. However I just thought I should check that that's the case? We'll be able to get to the pick up point without buying tickets to the main show? Thanks.

No you won't need an entry ticket. The pick up point is outside the venue.